Ambient Guitar Instrumental

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

GiantHeadCollective
Active
Active

Ambient Guitar Instrumental

Post by GiantHeadCollective » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 am

This listing featured a few weeks ago and I submitted to it.. I really thought that I had hit the mark with this one and wanted to know more as to why it did not get a forward.

My track Northern Lights is the instrumental.. Has e-bow that Brian Eno uses quite a bit..

http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... tHeadMusic

Can anyone say what is wrong with the track, everyone I have let hear says it is really good and needs to be used on film/tv..
This is not Granny/Auntie/Mum syndrom where family think your great, even though in the real world your shit.. My Grans are both dead..

MUSIC SUPERVISOR needs GUITAR-based Instrumentals for a FEATURE FILM. Specifically, they're looking for DOWN-to-MIDTEMPO pieces that feature a MELODIC ELECTRIC GUITAR LEAD with AMBIENT undertones in the vein of: "Our Last Day As Children" by Explosions In The Sky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oeGdAg1ZnM "Deep Blue Day" by Brian Eno - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJzGumTTtcU A very SIMPLE, HYPNOTIC and LANGUID vibe will work best. They're not looking for virtuosic pieces or rip-roaring solos. Instrumentation should be SPARSE and MINIMAL. Avoid bombastic elements. Dissonant pieces will not work. Neither will traditional Pop/Rock song structure. They're looking for a track that creates a CHILLED out and INTROSPECTIVE mood and vibe as effectively as the references above. Use EFFECTS to create an ATMOSPHERIC texture but use them tastefully. Avoid using distortion. Your piece must be a minimum of 90 seconds. As always, please don't copy or rip-off the referenced artists or their music in any way. They're provided only as an example of tone, tempo and vibe. This is a very high bar listing as this music supervisor is extremely selective. The estimated fee for this license is $5,000. This is DIRECT-to-SUPERVISOR so you keep 100%. You will NOT give up ANY of your sync fee, publishing or writer's share! You must own or control 100% of BOTH the Master AND Composition rights to submit for this listing. No covers! Broadcast Quality is needed (excellent home recordings are fine.) All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS by a TAXI screener hand-picked by the music supervisor. ALL submissions must be received no later than Friday, December 7, 2012, 12:30PM PST. TAXI #U121207GU
If your music is 90% attitude and 10% talent, then you better start thinking of what you want to work as for the remaining 90% of your life!

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Ambient Guitar Instrumental

Post by CHuckmott » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 am

I really like what you did with it. I hear it as more of a pop / rock with ambient elements kind of thing then ambient guitar. Makes me think of Sigur ROs , who I absolutely love. If one of those comes around, submit to that, it would be a great fit. Like your other listing, I think you are missing the mark mainly on what the listing is asking for. I get the sense also, if you don't mind me being somewhat blunt, that your production skills at this point lag a bit behind your writing/playing chops (honestly I would say the same for my own stuff) that prevent it being shown on the best possible light. There is brilliance in your writing though, I can hear it. And try to not get angry for not getting the forwards, it will drive you crazy, keep moving on, take suggestions as suggestions and not criticisms. Keep posting this stuff, I love the ideas I'm hearing. SOrry if I can't be real specific about the production except to say that in general elements are kind of fighting each other for space (check levels and panning) and would benefit from maybe being a biut warmer sounding particularly for the listings (Eq? ANalog sim plugin? WHat does anyone else think?).

GiantHeadCollective
Active
Active

Post by GiantHeadCollective » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 am

Thanks for your positive critique.. It has taken a bit of time for me to find my style and it has really only come together.

I think my main problem is that I always seem to put too much music in there, making it way more complicated that it should be..
If your music is 90% attitude and 10% talent, then you better start thinking of what you want to work as for the remaining 90% of your life!

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks. Make some use of peer to peer though prior to submitting stuff, chances are your music will benefit from it. Look forward to hearing more of your stuff.