"Contact Existing Publishing Co's Actively Hawking Songs"

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gregmcmorrow

"Contact Existing Publishing Co's Actively Hawking Songs"

Post by gregmcmorrow » Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 am

The feedback was good, but lacked specifics so i could take action. If i should contact an existing publishing company that is actively hawking songs, can anyone name names or even better recommend one? My music is Americana, country too, so would appreciate your suggestions.

mattharveymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: "Contact Existing Publishing Co's Actively Hawking Songs"

Post by mattharveymusic » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:26 am

If that was their recommendation then you clearly have the goods and they feel that your track can be placed it's just a matter of getting it in the right place. I don't think we're allowed to post direct links to the taxi forum, but if I can suggest you look on the web for a site that does "reports" about "music library" or libraries then you would find a site that has a pretty conclusive list of the publishers that you need. ;)

There's a subscription fee, but you can join for just a week and go through their entire database making notes about each one. They all have different deals, different scruples, and different types of music they deal in. Some are good, some aren't as good. A lot accept online submissions. I'd sift through and see if you can find the publishers that have a good list of credits, report being recently active and will accept submissions. It's a lot of work, but if Taxi screeners are saying you have the material then you'll have to sift through to find those publishers who'll try to get your stuff out there.

I'm pretty new to this, but that's what I've done over the last few months and I've done some research into who the good libraries are and aren't, made some submissions and done some good deals (I hope!). Next stop placements........ 8-)

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Contact Existing Publishing Co's Actively Hawking Songs"

Post by DesireInspires » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey Greg, I'll send you a PM with the names of a few libraries.