West Coast Songwriter Competition

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: West Coast Songwriter Competition

Post by nomiyah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:40 am

The Playoffs for the East Bay Competition is tonight at 7:30 at the Freight & Salvage for $5. The performers will be the winners from each month's competition from October 2007 to June 2008 singing their winning song. Whoever wins tonight will get on the Song of the Year compilation CD produced by WCS and go on to the Finals to compete with Song of the Year winners from every monthly competition location. If you live in the Bay Area and have nothing better to do tonight, come check out the best songs from the East Bay season. There will be a film crew there shooting an indie film about songwriting. There will also be a great panel of judges including a member of Huey Lewis and the News. If you do come out, please introduce yourself to me.Nomi

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:17 pm

The Playoffs were fun. Next event is the Finals. August 24 at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, California. That will be the Playoff winner from the East Bay and all the other Playoff winners throughout the West Coast. The judges will be Steve Seskin (hit songwriter), Larry Baptiste (Grammys), Andre Pessis (Naras).

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Aug 10, 2008, 10:17pm, nomiyah wrote:The Playoffs were fun. Next event is the Finals. August 24 at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, California. That will be the Playoff winner from the East Bay and all the other Playoff winners throughout the West Coast. The judges will be Steve Seskin (hit songwriter), Larry Baptiste (Grammys), Andre Pessis (Naras). A reminder...The Songwriter Finals are on Sunday. Doors open 7:30, show starts 8:00.Last year it sold out so get tickets in advance or get there early.See you there?

vickye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by vickye » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:01 am

Hey Nomi,I am coming out from NYC on tour to your lovely area and one of my gigs cancelled yesterday for Sept. 27th. Any suggestions?Thanks,Vicky

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am

Aug 25, 2008, 8:01am, vickye wrote:Hey Nomi,I am coming out from NYC on tour to your lovely area and one of my gigs cancelled yesterday for Sept. 27th. Any suggestions?Thanks,VickyVicky, I wish you had sent me an email. I didn't read this message until today. Let me know if you're coming back to the Bay. Nomi

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am

08-09 Season of the West Coast Songwriter Competition - East Bay begins tonight. It's at the Freight and Salvage in Berkeley. Sign-up at 6:45. Show starts 7:30. Everyone pays $5, whether performing or listening. If you come by, please find me and introduce yourself. I'd love to meet some Taxi forum members.Nomi

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:31 am

This Monday 11/17/08 is the next songwriting competition. Hope you can make it. I'll let you know the judges soon.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:20 am

Nov 15, 2008, 10:31am, nomiyah wrote:This Monday 11/17/08 is the next songwriting competition. Hope you can make it. I'll let you know the judges soon.One judge canceled so there will only be one judge tomorrow.Bob Vollmer, the entertainment Director for Vacaville (he reviews and books all the entertainment for the city).

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Wow, I'm a little late on letting you know about the event this month. It happened tonight. We had 3 great judges and I sang "When It's Magic".My goal this season is to not repeat a song. So far we've had 3 competitions this season. Last month I sang "Perfect Enough" and the month before it was "Couldn't Walk Away". Some of the songs are on my websites.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Next competition is next Monday 1/19/09.The judges will be Gary Lapow (songwriter, Disney Channel performer) and Dana Jae (instructor, Audio Engineering expert).First prize 3 hours studio time.At the legendary Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, CA.Sign-up is 6:45 to 7:30. Performance 7:30 to 10:00.Everyone pays $5, whether performing or listening.West Coast Songwriter members have preference for sign-up.If you come by, make sure you introduce yourself to me. I like to meet Taxi forum members.