1 year contract nothing happens, what next?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

quinonesrey

1 year contract nothing happens, what next?

Post by quinonesrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:25 am

Greetings to all

I'm making this post because it's a little difficult and confusing to get here. You sign with Taxi believing you're entering the wonderful world of music. You make an effort and you get it. You pass the Listing get the forward and They call you from a "company." They want your music and they sign you 6 songs. Yes. 6 songs for a year, people tell you that's great, don't despair, let them work, give them time, they'll call you, in the end, the contract is up, I sent them an email and no response, nothing happened, well, now it's my turn to enter The wonderful world of people who have had this happen to them and want to continue, I listen to you so you can advise me please!!! What next?

Of course make more music, but if you went through this have you had a happy ending did they call you again? Why you decided to continue, I really wan to listen or read a good advice, thank you.

Soy todo oidos!!!

Gracias Totales!!!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 1 year contract nothing happens, what next?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 am

quinonesrey wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:25 am
in the end, the contract is up, I sent them an email and no response, nothing happened
Hi Rey

I understand everything up until " the contract is up "

I am with many libraries and it's normal with a Library to sign the music to them " in perpituity " or in other words " Forever". Unless this library had a different offer for the 6 songs ? One year is not very long, I've had many placements that didn't happen for a few years after the music was signed.

The normal plan is you just keep making more music and signing it to good libraries. 6 tracks is not very many - I think you would want to aim for 50 a year to make any impact.

Mark
Last edited by cosmicdolphin on Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

quinonesrey

Post by quinonesrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 am

" the contract is up "

The contract ended, Yesterday, it was a one year contract.

but what you tell me is really crazy because that means that there are libraries that will sign the song forever and you can't do anything with it until they release it or do something with it, the problem with that and if you don't do anything with it like in my case my 6 songs for a year I couldn't do anything with them and nothing happened wow

Sorry again i used google translate, sometime is a very bad translate.

Than you MARK

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 am

Hi G
Most 1 year contracts are not just over after a year, they automatically renew every year unless you terminate some number of days before the renewal date. "Give it time" definitely doesn't mean 1 year, you would need 3,4, or 5 years. Getting a placement with any library can happen in a few months, a year, 5 years, or never. I'm trying to understand what you're saying. Did you email them to terminate the contract? If so, why? If not, why did you email them?

Unless you know you have better outlets to pitch the songs to, I wouldn't end the contract. I'm assuming there is nothing else negative you've learned about the library.

Best,
Casey

quinonesrey

Post by quinonesrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:54 am

What I did was send them an email thanking them for the opportunity
but that the contract ended, I have the contract and it ended yesterday
so I really don't know if they renewed it automatically, but I understand that if I write to you and there is an automatic renewal for the contract Well,
you should tell me not to use those songs, because I plan to use them for Taxi listings again.

The problem is that I wrote a email and they haven't answered me, what's supposed to do? wait?
Right now there is a listing that I would like to use one of the songs that they signed, so I don't know?

But everything you say here is very good information, now I have to see what I do.

Boommm!!!

quinonesrey

Post by quinonesrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:09 am

I wrote to them again telling them that if this contract is renewed automatically
will see if they respond to me. If not, then I will start reading it again because I never saw that clause. If not, then I will consider it finished.

RQS

quinonesrey

Post by quinonesrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 am

They finally answered me. This is part of what they wrote.

Hey Rey,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, SOMEBODY is no longer with us, so I apologize for the delayed response.
First of all, let me say this. We believe in you and your music. The tracks have definitely had interest from our clients. At this point, however, we have not had the right opportunity present itself.
We always pitch your tracks when we have an appropriate brief, and we actively market them outside of briefs to our clients as well.
I'd also like to clarify our term agreement that you are currently in. At the end of the one year term, the agreement would continue on a day by day basis after the 15th of May, not auto renew for another year. However, if you are requesting to end our agreement at the end of your term, I understand. If you are open to remaining in our agreement, we would love to continue to pitch your music for opportunities.
I look forward to hearing your reply and answering any questions you may have. Regardless, we wish you only the very best in your musical endeavors

I want to say thank to Casey cause you really help me i was about to upload to a listing one of the song that they have singed, sou i have to wait.
thank for that. i really do not know what to do it's a difficult situation,

well back to the guitar.

Any suggestions on what I should do if you were in my position? anybody!!!

RQS

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm

quinonesrey wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 am
I would not end the contract. As I mentioned, one year is VERY short time in this business. Tracks sometimes don't get placed for even 5-10 years. So write more, get more tracks in libraries. And since it goes day by day soon, it's a good deal. You could always end it some time in the future if necessary.

WRITE SUBMIT FORGET REPEAT

Best,
:D Casey

quinonesrey

Post by quinonesrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:32 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm
quinonesrey wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 am
I would not end the contract. As I mentioned, one year is VERY short time in this business. Tracks sometimes don't get placed for even 5-10 years. So write more, get more tracks in libraries. And since it goes day by day soon, it's a good deal. You could always end it some time in the future if necessary.

WRITE SUBMIT FORGET REPEAT

Best,
:D Casey
THankS Casey i will,

ESCRIBIR - APLICAR - OLVIDAR - REPETIR

ja JA!!!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 pm

Yep, like Casey said, I'd stick with these guys - whoever they are. That email they sent you was very transparent and shows that they've been working on getting you some action, but just haven't had anything stick yet. That's common. One year with only six pieces of music isn't exactly anything that you can pin your hopes and dreams on, but I get the sense from that email that these are people you're in good hands with.

If I were you, I'd leave the music there. Write new stuff, get more music signed to these guys and other places, and keep pushing forward.

~~Matt