1 year down - What a ride!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 1 year down - What a ride!

Post by AlanHall » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am

Andrew,
Thanks for the viewpoint from your 'uncommon sense' and humor. Good motivation for one just starting out this year.
Alan

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jdkotaska » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:59 am

I'm a bit late to the party here, but congratulations on all of your successes! It was great meeting you and chatting at the Road Rally. I just know that one day I'll be able to point to you from a distance and tell somebody else that I knew you when you were just a rookie, before becoming a music production superstar, haha! :D Anyway, here's to continued success!

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Thanks for posting!! I have 5 kids and run a real estate business so I feel your pain! :D I haven't been as active on the forums lately because thanks to Taxi I have Libraries asking for more music which I'm scrambling to create since I'm just getting started... my dream problem! I'm blown away that your set up is so modest given your productions sound absolutely amazing!! Congrats on your success thus far...keep up the amazing work! Thanks again for sharing!! Good thoughts and well wishes from El Paso, TX! - Henry

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:00 pm

I knew you would do well right of the bat Andrew..Congrats..stick with it..they will be getting you on stage at the RR before you know it.

Mark

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:55 am

Andrew- your story is so rare and fantastic. Love your spirit and pure genius! Susan

www.susanhillmanmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman
www.instagram.com/susanhillmanmusic

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

CTWF wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:31 pm
Hey Andrew

Early on, I saw (and told you) that you hit the ground running, and here we are - congratulations! :) I do think your success is outstanding - owed to the combination of very hard work and a lot of talent. And not to forget the time management. All I can say is that I am underwater with only two kids. My time management must be lousy... :lol: For someone like you, TAXI is the perfect vehicle for a jump start into the music business.

Tom
Tom - You're encouraging words have gone a long way in this last year! And in regards to the underwater thing... I'm there with ya, man. :lol: One day at a time though!
AlanHall wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am
Andrew,
Thanks for the viewpoint from your 'uncommon sense' and humor. Good motivation for one just starting out this year.
Alan
Glad you thought it was helpful, Alan! That first year was definitely challenging at times, but hang in there and rely on this great community for inspiration and encouragement! :)
jdkotaska wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:59 am
I'm a bit late to the party here, but congratulations on all of your successes! It was great meeting you and chatting at the Road Rally. I just know that one day I'll be able to point to you from a distance and tell somebody else that I knew you when you were just a rookie, before becoming a music production superstar, haha! :D Anyway, here's to continued success!
Thanks Dean! If you're at the next rally, I'll 100% be planning on finding you for one of the listening sessions again so we can chat about our takes on the different songs!
henryvan4444 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:08 pm
Thanks for posting!! I have 5 kids and run a real estate business so I feel your pain! :D I haven't been as active on the forums lately because thanks to Taxi I have Libraries asking for more music which I'm scrambling to create since I'm just getting started... my dream problem! I'm blown away that your set up is so modest given your productions sound absolutely amazing!! Congrats on your success thus far...keep up the amazing work! Thanks again for sharing!! Good thoughts and well wishes from El Paso, TX! - Henry
Thanks for the kind words, Henry! I'll keep up the amazing work if you do the same! Congrats to you on being asked for more music from the libraries you are workin with!
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:00 pm
I knew you would do well right of the bat Andrew..Congrats..stick with it..they will be getting you on stage at the RR before you know it.

Mark
Thanks Mark! You've helped me in more ways than you know with a lot of stuff you've posted around here! You cut to the chase when it comes to advice, and I really appreciate that!
Susanstunes wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:55 am
Andrew- your story is so rare and fantastic. Love your spirit and pure genius! Susan
Thanks Susan! You seem to be doing really great as well! Super proud of how far you've come since we both started posting in the peer to peer section! Here's hopin we both continue to see success with all of this craziness! :)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:07 pm

ResonantTone wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm
Thanks Mark! You've helped me in more ways than you know with a lot of stuff you've posted around here! You cut to the chase when it comes to advice, and I really appreciate that!
Ahh..the Way of Absoloute Candor as the Romulans call it :lol: ..It's a bit Marmite as we Brits say :roll:

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jdkotaska » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:56 pm

ResonantTone wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm
Thanks Dean! If you're at the next rally, I'll 100% be planning on finding you for one of the listening sessions again so we can chat about our takes on the different songs!
That was a lot of fun -- I'd love to do it again! I do plan to attend the next rally and I'll definitely hold you to it! :D

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:26 am

Way to go, Andrew! This was an amazing read! Extremely proud and encouraged by your fast progress! Keep it up. God bless!

FreddieK
Active
Active

Post by FreddieK » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:44 am

Awesome Job my friend! Your tracks sound great! Thanks for your insight !!!
I know it's 90% talent and skills but if you don't mind could you list the gear, Hardware & Software you use ?
Hardware, Software, interface, Monitors, Controller VST,s Etc. Thanks !!! Freddie K.