10's on EVERYTHING

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

10's on EVERYTHING

Post by gitarrero » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 am

hey folks,...I just wanted to share my joy about the following listing...****A Music Publisher with tons of TAXI song placements is seeking FUNK/SOUL SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS that were RECORDED PRIOR TO 1985. This project requires "vintage recording sounds" so they can't use songs that were recorded after 1985. Think more analog-sounding recordings as opposed to digital-sounding recordings - before MIDI and ProTools were the recording standards, for example. GREAT performances are essential - they want they very best. They were encouraged by the great material they rec'd from D070820VG, so now they're expanding their search; hence if you were forwarded for that listing, no need to submit the same material here. This company offers traditional exclusive deals. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK].***...which got 10's on every cathegory (music, engineering, etc.) - I think that's the first "all 10's" forward I get!screener feedback: "Perfect 10's down the board! The only thing I wish ....is that it played a bit longer!"the track is the same that got rejected (see my thread about a 70s track in the screeners shootout) for another listing. I think the big diffrence is that this listing was specifically asking for "vintage sounding" records - the distortion seemed to help in this particular case ...now the listing party just need to have the same opinion as the screener... happy producing,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 10's on EVERYTHING

Post by crs7string » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 am

Martin, congrats on the forward and the 10's. It continues to interest me that a track can be returned with no critique or an unfavorable critique and be forwarded for another listing with rave reviewI think one of our challenges is to have an unshakeable belief in the integrity of a track(assuming of course that it is a good piece of music) in spite of how others may view a particular track. "One man's junk is another man's treasure" ( I think I may be quoting ebay's business plan)Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:56 pm

First time I've ever heard of a perfect score.Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on that one. Keep us posted on the future of the track.(Maybe I should be more like you and eat burgers with silverware. )

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:59 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats Martin!That is quite a feat! I don't know that I have ever come close to all 10s.Is the song on your website? Can we listen, please?Cisco

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by daniel481 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Congratulations man, that's awesome!Dan

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:13 pm

Wow! nice job. Where can we hear it?Justin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Quote:I just wanted to share my joy about the following listing which got 10's on every cathegory (music, engineering, etc.)Hardly back for a week and off we go again! We need to set up a "Gitarrero" section on the forum for all the cool deals and stuff like this. Quote:the track is the same that got rejected (see my thread about a 70s track in the screeners shootout) for another listing. I think the big diffrence is that this listing was specifically asking for "vintage sounding" records - the distortion seemed to help in this particular case Good point. I remember a post (maybe two) where the person got all 10's and no forward, just not right for the listing. I like to joke around about you being "Mr Mega-Deals" and all that but you're actually an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others. We talked at the Rally about taking songs apart to understand them and for the rest of the folks, I'm sure that a lot of your success is directly related to the work, time, and effort that you put into really understanding what each genre really means.Congrats! Dave

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:26 pm

Hey MartinCongrats on the perfect score. Can you post the review? We should give that review it's own thread. And was this the song? I think you talked about this one in another thread... http://www.martytone.com/bibliothek/tem ... 3Quote:Wow! nice job. Where can we hear it?Justin

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:03 pm

Quote: First time I've ever heard of a perfect score.Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget Chris L. got perfect 10s on his "Silent Night" just a couple of weeks ago!I saw my first 10s - one for "music" and one for "musicianship" on my two Christmas forwards. What a rush!Kathleen

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:17 pm

Martin,That is toally outrageous. Congrats. YOU are also one of my new heroes, and someone who's brain I plan to pick a lot...maybe even to the point of annoyance. I have (MANY of us have) SO much to learn from you and your attitude and your hard work.I couldn't be happier for you, my friend, to hear this news.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982