104th Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

104th Forward!

Post by roughly » Thu May 04, 2006 12:13 pm

We just passed our 100th forward mark and are up to 104! We're ecstatic about it. We've been a part of Taxi for just over a year now and have a feeling this is probably a good sign. Admittedly we do spam with our submissions, but sometimes songs get forwarded that we wouldn't have initially thought would make it. So, even though we have this many forwards we still haven't had any interest in our material from the companies. Is there any hope for us? I know it can take a year or two for the companies to contact us, but it can be discouraging to make it past the first level of screeners and have it stop there. Any motivating words you guys have, should I be worried, or is this normal? In even more exciting news, we did just get a couple of contracts from 2 companies (that we submitted through other avenues besides Taxi). Anyone have any feedback on xxx or yyy? Thanks everyone for all the posts on the board that help me keep pursuing this songwriting business. -Theresa

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: 104th Forward!

Post by Casey H » Thu May 04, 2006 12:30 pm

Congrats Theresa! I am entering a deal with Scorekeepers. Their contract is a no-lose, non-exclusive whereby you retain all publishing for uses other than theirs. Looks like a very good deal... I get the impression they want mainly instrumentals. The no-vocals backing tracks to my songs are going in their library. I am also under the impression they are in a "library building" mode whereby they are accepting a lot of material. That's not necessarily a bad thing- it just means that right now their "bar" is not high. I came in contact with them through a non-TAXI source. Good luck! Casey