176 days to go! Please help me rally experts!!

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kyliecouper
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

176 days to go! Please help me rally experts!!

Post by kyliecouper » Wed May 15, 2019 12:19 am

Last year I attended my first rally. I loved it so much, I came home and immediately started looking at flights for the next one!

Now any time I say to a taxi member, "176 days til the rally!" (which is correct today!) they all say "I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO BEFORE THEN!"
I find myself saying the same thing.

But what is this "so much" that we all feel like we have to do???

I know it's 6 months to go, and I know I'm a little bit over-excited, but I just want to be as prepared as possible.
It's big deal coming all the way from Australia!

Please help me, rally experts!!

Please help me work out exactly what I should be aiming to get out of my second rally, and what I should be doing right now to get ready!

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: 176 days to go! Please help me rally experts!!

Post by Shalee » Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 pm

In the same boat Kylie! Also coming from Australia. I figured we'd need to bring a lot of business cards, CD's, and have a clear intention of what we want to get out of the rally (publishing/libraries/craft development) and take it from there, but would love to hear from others who have been and their approach.
Shalee

kyliecouper
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kyliecouper » Fri May 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Shalee wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 pm
In the same boat Kylie! Also coming from Australia. I figured we'd need to bring a lot of business cards, CD's, and have a clear intention of what we want to get out of the rally (publishing/libraries/craft development) and take it from there, but would love to hear from others who have been and their approach.
Shalee
Hey Shalee
I did CDs last time. I only gave out about 4 or 5. I'm not sure if I will bother this time. The best thing is to have lots of business cards with links to your website or soundcloud on them.
If you don't have a website, you at least need to have your soundcloud up to date. Everyone loves being able to listen to everyone else's music!

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Kylie,

You have a very big advantage going to the Rally in 2019. You already know a lot of people.

I have been to 11 Rallies and it ihas become a homecoming and reunion.

The community that you are plugged into will be a great resource as your journey continues to unfold.

The second big advantage that you have is you will showing up at your second Rally. There have been plenty of people that I met at their first Rally that I have never seen a second time.

I don’t know for sure who first said it:

“99% of success in life is just showing up”.

Quoting myself:

“My secret to success is that I have been too stupid to quit”

Looking forward to seeing you again in LA in November.

Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 am

[/quote]
The best thing is to have lots of business cards with links to your website or soundcloud on them.
If you don't have a website, you at least need to have your soundcloud up to date. Everyone loves being able to listen to everyone else's music!
[/quote]

Yeah awesome, just got myself some new business cards so that will be ace!
Also, if you're up for sharing accoms to reduce costs, hit me up coz I'm looking for someone to split accom with coz coming from Aus is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ HAHA
Shalee