1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

Post by jessecarrigan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:43 am

Here's a link to my piece for this; would love your feedback!
A RANGE OF 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS is needed by a successful, EXCLUSIVE Music Library for Film, TV, and Commercial placements.

NOTE: We recently ran this request as (TAXI #D190825TV), and the company loved what we sent them and asked us to re-run this request to see if we could find them even more great material. If you submitted to TAXI #D190825TV, please submit different material this time around!

They’re on the hunt for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that have the general style and vibe of the following references:

Miami Vice Theme Song
Jackpot Theme Song

The Facts of Life Theme Song

Growing Pains Theme Song

Although some of the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals Only for this pitch.

Please send well-composed instrumentals that sound like they came right out of the '80s TV era. Your submissions should have era-appropriate instrumentation and should bring listeners back to the classic sounds and styles heard on Daytime TV, Nighttime TV, and Game Shows during that time period.

NOTE: Recently recorded Instrumentals with a retro sound or authentic vintage master recordings from the 1980s will both work for this request.

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will probably work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Genre-appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed.

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

Post by jaywilliams » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:38 am

hey Jesse -

I like the track, sounds like you are probably in the right wheel house.

I think your mix could use a little careful editing and maybe some panning to help clean up the sound a little bit - a few more moments like what you've got around the 0:49 to 0:55 mark is what I have in mind, just some minor edits to open up the mix a little bit.

I've been working hard on this listing with my collaborators Noell and Lew -

we got 1 Forwarded from the Dispatch listing (one out of three) - and will likely throw another 2 or 3 tracks at it if I can get the third track finished up by deadline.

The one that got the Forward sounds more like an instrumental (song) to me than a cue, and it sounds distinctly 80s.

For your reference if you find it helpful, on my Taxi page "Baker Street" got the Forward, "Investigation Theme" and "Valley Hills" were Returned.

If Noell's around she'd likely have more helpful insights, I just take her stems and try to make the track more awesome.

TLDR - sounds like its worth submitting, not sure if it will get a Forward, mix tweaks might help.

Best of luck!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

Post by jessecarrigan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:27 pm

That's great feedback, Jay. Thanks very much and I'll take a listen to those tracks, very helpful. I actually wrote this for a different listing a while back and it seemed like it might work for this one. Never hurts to give it a shot and get some feedback! Much appreciated.