2/2 return from screener 226 ( possible refund? )

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sedge
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 2/2 return from screener 226 ( possible refund? )

Post by sedge » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Just made an edit ..

to say

We would expect this in that case ...

OFFBEAT, PLAYFUL, INVENTIVE INDIE ROCK SONGS , VOCALS a la Lykke Li, Foster the People and Coconut Records

?
no ?

Can see where you are coming from though bud!

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:50 pm

No Sedge. Ya cant impose what the listing isnt saying. The listing literally says it's looking for Indie rock songs with vocals a la and so on. ..

It doesnt say it's looking for indie rock songs in the style or variety of their music and vocals its just referencing to the bands vocals but that the songs are just simply indie rock.

I've submitted and got a forward before to a listing that starts out just the same. Looking for the vocals but my indie musical style was NOWEHRE near the indie style of their songs but my vocal was. If you want me to post that forwarded critique and listing up I will upon request no probs.

sedge
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sedge » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:51 pm

ey steady on, just trying to help

it can be read both ways ...

night man, hope you get it sorted

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Steady on? :lol: ya must have construed my post as a grumble? lol thats always the trouble with the written word. I should have included some emoticons or something to convey the emotion behind the text but I ASSURE you I am not being mean towards you. Just being objective to your posts/replies as I possibly can in good spirit.

Kelil :D

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:30 pm

If you do get a refund, fill us in as to how it went down. Thanks!

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:41 pm

shoodBworkin wrote:If you do get a refund, fill us in as to how it went down. Thanks!
Will do shoodb. I just thought I'd post it up to get some ideas on it first. Tomorrow morning/afternoon I'll shoot the headscreener a quick e-mail. The great thing about this thread is that it has thought me to at least write a coherent e-mail on how I should be given a refund of my 10 bucks.

Stephen :)

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Stephen
I've been around a long time and I don't think I've ever seen the "a la" list refer only to the vocal style. They probably threw in the phrase "with vocals" (as opposed just saying "songs") to be clear because other ad agency listings like this were for instrumentals. (From what I can tell, a great many other Taxi members understood what they meant).

Instead of asking for a refund, it would be better to simply email headscreener for clarifcation on why your submissions weren't forwarded. Demanding a refund here is way over the line, IMO.

If you misunderstood the listing, accept it and move on. It's not the end of the world. It's one listing. If you see each listing as too precious and put too much stock in it, you will set your self up for lots of short term disappointments while missing the big picture--- it's about the long haul.

Best,
:) Casey

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm

If it would shut down this thread quickly, I'd be happy to send you your $10 by Paypal.

This is simply a return, so what???

The most successful people who use TAXI have hundreds of returns. (one of the very successful folks has over 1000)

Your whining about the wording of this one listing is doing nothing to move you forward. Choose a new listing, write some music and submit the music. If it gets a forward, great. If it gets returned, suck it up.

If I was one of the publishers who visit this Forum, I would conclude that you would be difficult to work with and would argue with me about something in my contract. I'd pass and move on to the next person.

Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Wait . . . when did he whine?

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Casey H wrote:Stephen
I've been around a long time and I don't think I've ever seen the "a la" list refer only to the vocal style. They probably threw in the phrase "with vocals" (as opposed just saying "songs") to be clear because other ad agency listings like this were for instrumentals. (From what I can tell, a great many other Taxi members understood what they meant).

Instead of asking for a refund, it would be better to simply email headscreener for clarifcation on why your submissions weren't forwarded. Demanding a refund here is way over the line, IMO.

If you misunderstood the listing, accept it and move on. It's not the end of the world. It's one listing. If you see each listing as too precious and put too much stock in it, you will set your self up for lots of short term disappointments while missing the big picture--- it's about the long haul.

Best,
:) Casey
Then how do you explain my forward for the same type of listing with the exact same beginning, that my music is so off the style of the a las it sticks out like a sore thumb? But my Vocals hit the referenced a las they were after and thus it got forwarded? They are simply looking for just ''indie rock songs WITH vocals like the referenced artists.'' ''Not indie rock songs in the style and vocal of the referenced artists. '' The second qoute is how they should run and type out the listing.

Cr7strings, you must be an absolute push over if ya just gonna sign any contract that comes under your nose. Man up and grow a pair and understand that music is a business, if some guy wants my song and his contract has something I dont like in it. I dont argue I simply say I'm not interested for ''this reason''. And since there is so much music available I'm sure he'll find something else but it wont be my song. I'm sick of the ass kissing that goes on around this forum, of taxi and music publishers/libraries. If I was the owner of a library viewing this forum I'd be avoiding business with the ass lickers or at least picking them out and being highly aware of them. I much prefer an honest man in business. Honest I am. And I am always known to be the first the throw the hands up when I'm wrong on this forum.

This is simply a return yes. I'm not bothered about the return ( I've hundreds of them too ) but the false description of the listing is what bothers me most as I've wasted ten bucks on a submission that the screener obviously didnt obey.