2/2 return from screener 226 ( possible refund? )

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 2/2 return from screener 226 ( possible refund? )

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 pm

I'd bet dollars to donuts owners of libraries don't frequent this forum. Just sayin'

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:47 pm

shoodBworkin wrote:I'd bet dollars to donuts owners of libraries don't frequent this forum. Just sayin'
nah there does be. I assume they would be close to Taxi though and friends with them. And who can blame them for frequenting the forum? It's a great place and lovely family. Sometimes we moan and fight and other times we get on really well. The ups and downs of Taxi forum and I love it here. I love caseys, Mazzs Marks, Sedges and just about everyones posts and advice here. It's good craic but I am known to rant and throw a spanner in the works from time to time.

My thread is designed to help Taxi write clearer listings but the attitude of ''The customer is always wrong and Taxi is always right'' needs to go. If they think it doesnt help and I'm way out of line then they'll simply ignore it I guess. But I gotta get that e-mail written at some stage today or tomorrow.

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:49 pm

I defer to your good judgment, sir. Proud to know ya and have a great new year!

sBw

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:59 pm

It's pretty ironic-- you telling Chuck (a very respected and successful composer) to "man up and grow some" while you are whining like a baby over ONE listing.

To answer your question, things vary from listing to listing and screener to screener. That's a fact of life. Get used to it. Every successful member has had tracks returned for one listing and forwarded for another with similar wording. This is due to many factors-- who the listing party is, the "bar", and of course, the human factor. It's NOT a perfect world.

Casey

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Casey H wrote:It's pretty ironic-- you telling Chuck (a very respected and successful composer) to "man up and grow some" while you are whining like a baby over ONE listing.

To answer your question, things vary from listing to listing and screener to screener. That's a fact of life. Get used to it. Every successful member has had tracks returned for one listing and forwarded for another with similar wording. This is due to many factors-- who the listing party is, the "bar", and of course, the human factor. It's NOT a perfect world.

Casey
I'm not whining I'm simply point out a major flaw in the description of the listing and on the grounds as to why it was returned with regards to the whole vocal thing. and it's simple to understand. If Chuck is successful at putting on a blindfold and signing any contract that comes his way whilst kissing some behinds in the meantime, then fair play to him.

I have a right to come in here and make complaints about submissions I make and what I feel about them.

Yes I am aware that things vary from listing to listing and screener to screener but this particular listing is false in its advertisement and I aint gonna sweat any more beads reiterating how that advertising is false as it's clear it was false or that the screener critiqued and viewed the advertisement falsely. Its either one or the other. And it's this you are failing to respond to.

sedge
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sedge » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:32 pm

This is like you think ...

(OFFBEAT, PLAYFUL, INVENTIVE INDIE ROCK SONGS) with VOCALS a la Lykke Li, Foster the People and Coconut Records

and this is like most of us here think ...

OFFBEAT, PLAYFUL, INVENTIVE INDIE ROCK SONGS with VOCALS (a la Lykke Li, Foster the People and Coconut Records)

lightbulb gone off yet friendmaker ? need to get to bed ...

Hope it has!

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:36 pm

sedge wrote:This is like you think ...

(OFFBEAT, PLAYFUL, INVENTIVE INDIE ROCK SONGS) with VOCALS a la Lykke Li, Foster the People and Coconut Records

and this is like most of us here think ...

OFFBEAT, PLAYFUL, INVENTIVE INDIE ROCK SONGS with VOCALS (a la Lykke Li, Foster the People and Coconut Records)

lightbulb gone off yet friendmaker ? need to get to bed ...

Hope it has!
This is how most of you here think yes. ...?

But this is what the actual listing says right?.....

OFFBEAT, PLAYFUL, INVENTIVE INDIE ROCK SONGS with VOCALS a la Lykke Li, Foster the People and Coconut Records

Lightbulb gone off in your head yet?

Hope it has.

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Dude, don't ever 'get used to it'. That there's a dangerous trail . . .

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:41 pm

You don't have to be an ass licker to be successful, but being an asshole is one way to keep it at arm's length. (Was my wording clear enough in that sentence?)

It's amusing to watch you swing like a pendulum from a Taxi fan boy getting forwarded to ad agency listings to wanting a refund because of the wording in a listing. Seems a little unstable to me and if I were a publisher or a music supervisor, I'd be leery of working with you, no matter how good your music is.

Michael, please give this guy a refund and shut down his forum membership. What a waste of everyone's time.

Happy New Year

Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

Kelil
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Kelil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:46 pm

mazz wrote:You don't have to be an ass licker to be successful, but being an asshole is one way to keep it at arm's length. (Was my wording clear enough in that sentence?)

It's amusing to watch you swing like a pendulum from a Taxi fan boy getting forwarded to ad agency listings to wanting a refund because of the wording in a listing. Seems a little unstable to me and if I were a publisher or a music supervisor, I'd be leery of working with you, no matter how good your music is.

Michael, please give this guy a refund and shut down his forum membership. What a waste of everyone's time.

Happy New Year

Mazz
Hey Cr7 strings started it by his insulting behaviour telling me I was whining and a bad person to work with just because I'm raving about a review. I am always a fan of taxi and always will be a staunch defender. But when somethings wrong should I not have the right to post my feelings? Even if they be wrong? I'm not looking for a membership refund. Just a refund of my 10 bucks.