2 Latin Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

2 Latin Forwards

Post by oneeyewillie » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:34 am

Un mas TiempoCorazon Herido

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 2 Latin Forwards

Post by davewalton » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:06 am

Quote: Un mas TiempoCorazon HeridoWow... really nice. Especially Un mas Tiempo. I wasn't much on the backing "horns" but that's not a music issue to me, sometimes a budget issue in terms of sample quality. Really good stuff.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:43 pm

Quote:Quote: Un mas TiempoCorazon HeridoWow... really nice. Especially Un mas Tiempo. I wasn't much on the backing "horns" but that's not a music issue to me, sometimes a budget issue in terms of sample quality. Really good stuff. These ARE really nice, Willie...great feel, tone, and energy.I agree with Dave about the horn sounds in Un mas Tiempo, though; they're a real wart on the face of this beauty (especially compared with the natural sounds of all the other instruments).It sounds like you're using some sort of FM synthesizer for the horn sounds (a DX7/clone or a computer soundcard?)...if you can get your hands on some actual samples, even older Akai format, I think you could really bring this up a few notches.These songs are good enough to warrant real horn players, though...and the $ spent would likely come back to you in a much higher number of placements.Thanks for sharing!Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Quote:These songs are good enough to warrant real horn players, though...and the $ spent would likely come back to you in a much higher number of placements.I've heard some of Matto's Latin Pop and he has some sampled horns that are outstanding (I thought they were real). Maybe he can chime in on some recommendations.

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Post by oneeyewillie » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:26 am

The horns are from my Korg Triton Keyboard...I thought they sounded kinda good...1000 bucks it cost me...Usually I use my sons horn...got tired of squeezin the tune out of that, let me tell ye...Thanks guys, truly appreciate the listen and the comments...I'll go back and steal the sons horn.Little story...some may have heard it...I fell asleep on the couch one night and in my dream I heard my music...I woke up and the telly was on...it was about 2 am.The program had girls in bathing suits and such and I heard my music again! It was on the telly on this program. I fell off the couch.I shouted bloody murder fer the wife tae get up and come look...She did and said to see what the show was...It was Sports Illustrated Model Photo Shoot and they had my music in it!!!Come tae find out that the first 3 Latin instrumentals I had ever written and signed with a library in Canada had got picked up by Time Warner. I got about 10 min on that film. I never knew! I though they had tae tell ye if yer songs were on the telly. Long story tae short story...I called the publisher and he had tried tae contact me but I had changed addresses and forgot tae tell him or contact him.So now I have my complimentary copy of the DVD and when I am disheartened I pop it in and remember that feelin`.And guess what? The wife even lets me watch it...but she won't let the children...