23 Forwards and this is my first forum post!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mynameisaugust

23 Forwards and this is my first forum post!

Post by mynameisaugust » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey ya'll, August here. This is my first post in one of the Taxi forums. Just popped in for the first time to see what it's all about. I've already been reading and learning so much from everyone's shared experience. This is really cool! Thought I'd share this forward. The song is called "Insomnia" in case you want to check it out on my home page. Here's the listing below. Cheers!

S121113PO

PRODUCER of a LONG-RUNNING, POPULAR REALITY TV SHOW needs UPBEAT, ENERGETIC POP SONGS a la Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Justin Bieber, etc. The producer wants to be able to play off your lyrics, so be CREATIVE and CLEVER with your theme and content. SUPER FUN, MID-to-UPTEMPO SONGS only. Remember that this is for national TV so please don't submit songs that will invite beeps from the censors. Please avoid songs with lyrics mentioning specific brands or people's names. Vocal and instrumental performances should be fantastic! MALE or FEMALE vocals OK. As always, DO NOT rip-off or copy the referenced artist or their music in any way, shape or form. Use them ONLY as a guide for tempo, texture, and vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (excellent sounding home recordings are fine). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Tuesday, November 13, 2012. TAXI #S121113PO

AmandaAnderson
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 23 Forwards and this is my first forum post!

Post by AmandaAnderson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Great song ! Neat lyrics for the producer to play off of... 'can't sleep tonight' - I can just picture it !

Congrats
Tony
Tony Anderson | Taxi | YouTube | FB | Twitter |

mynameisaugust

Re: 23 Forwards and this is my first forum post!

Post by mynameisaugust » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks Tony! It's actually only 3/4 of the track. We're still waiting for our producer friend to finish the bridge and outdo but I figured I'd start pitching to test the waters. Just getting the hang of pitching through Taxi. It's hard to be objective about your own stuff and understand how other people will view it style-wise. Thanks for the kind words. Cheers!