2nd forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

timmerblakely
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

2nd forward

Post by timmerblakely » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 am

I got my second forward last week. It was for this listing..S071224CCCONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN SONGS along the lines of Ginny Owens and Nicole Nordeman are wanted by an indie label for a new Female artist. Strong lyrical content like the artists mentioned are essential. Great hooks and melodies are also a huge part of what they're seeking - they want hit songs.The song was Heavenly Homehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=78003&stream=trueAnd i wanted to say a special thank you to listener ID #254. Your critique really made me feel like i'm on the right track and i'm not wasting my time. Thank you for that #254.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: 2nd forward

Post by hummingbird » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:39 am

Quote:I got my second forward last week. It was for this listing..S071224CCCONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN SONGS along the lines of Ginny Owens and Nicole Nordeman are wanted by an indie label for a new Female artist. Strong lyrical content like the artists mentioned are essential. Great hooks and melodies are also a huge part of what they're seeking - they want hit songs.The song was Heavenly Homehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=78003&stream=trueAnd i wanted to say a special thank you to listener ID #254. Your critique really made me feel like i'm on the right track and i'm not wasting my time. Thank you for that #254.Great track!!!! Lovely vocals, warm & clear; wonderful harmonies. Kudos to you!!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

slowdance
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slowdance » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Timmer,Very nice....catchy chorus...liked the key chance at around 3:45.vocals a tad pitchy......but thats want I hear....still love the song.Regards,Dick

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Hey, Timmer.This is very cool news. (sorry to say, I don't have my ear buds with me, but I promise to give it a listen later.) Big congrats, buddy.Keep 'em coming...Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

timmerblakely
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by timmerblakely » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Thank you for the nice comments and support. And you're right Dick. Pitchy is my middle name. Antares runs screaming when i step up to the mike. I could use a decade or two studying under Vikki but the commute would kill me. One of my goals for 08 is to continue to iron out my vocal flaws.Timmer

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:40 pm

timmer,Nice tune! Vocs sound O.K. to me. Didn't do critical analysis though. Congrats on the forward!ibanez468

ephlat66
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ephlat66 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Congrats timmer!
Most people miss opportunity because it shows up wearing overalls and looks like work. - Henry Ford