2nd instrumental forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

2nd instrumental forward!

Post by hummingbird » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Hey! I just got a forward for my piece "Moonbeams"!!here's the listing...An East Coast Production Music Library/Publisher with tons of TAXI deals/placements through the years wants NEW AGE INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) in ALL STYLES [Neo-Classical, Ambient, Celtic, Ethnic Fusion, etc.] for use in corporate videos, TV, film, radio, and commercial productions. Great performances are a must. Broadcast quality needed [excellent sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three tracks online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than March 22, 2007. TAXI # S070322NA here's the piece...http://www.vikkiflawith.com/song/1screener said...."great job on this effective, sparsely populated, minimalist chamber music submission! Fine work and you are forwarded." Whoo whoo!! And now... back to the hockey game (Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: 2nd instrumental forward!

Post by mazz » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:26 pm

Hey Vikki, Congrats!!!! I submitted 3 pieces and all were returned so I'm glad someone got through the gate. The screener said it was a high bar listing so this really good news for you!!Keep up the good work!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:18 am

That is a quick turnaround. I submitted to this listing also but have not heard anything back. I am certain I included postage and return envelope. Maybe tomorrow. Too early for stress.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:20 am

You seem to be on a roll 'Bird. Super congratulations.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 am

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 am

Cograts 'Bird. I got one forwarded on the listing too!

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:07 am

Everyone so far must have submitted via Broadjam because Taxi just told me the results for ground submissions are not in yet, which was a bit of a relief. I am hoping to catch this train myself.Weird, everyone so far but Mazz gets a forward. a guy who writes for Oprah and can definitely compose and play in an upper league. Who woulda thunk it?

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 am

I've invested is some wonderful ethnic libraries in the last year or so. Add a sitar and ethnic woodwind to a Stylus loop or two - "Instant ethnic fusion"I was able to have three pieces forwarded. Always good news.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:29 am

Casey,You guys have to get more into hockey. It's just so amazing. http://www.canucks.com/steve

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Yikes! notch up another rejection for poor old Horace, folks. Out of four pieces, they all failedThe screener mentioned that one of them would have been forwarded if not for digital distortion. I may have made some bad copies, because when I listen to these pieces I cannot hear any distortion. But that does happen sometimes when I try to burn too many pieces onto a single CD. I may have copied Taxi's version from one of these bad CD's with about 22 pieces on it. I didn't discover until later that it was bad, and I can't remember for sure if that was the copy I made the copies from.So now I do not even know for sure if my good copies are distortion free. All I can say is that I can't hear any.No puling on this, folks, just a simple report. We hope for better results at some point in the future. Salutes to those who were forwarded.