3/3 for AJ Hall and Me :)

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

3/3 for AJ Hall and Me :)

Post by Shalee » Thu May 30, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm very excited about the lovely congratulations email I received in my inbox this morning.

AJ Hall and I are both TAXI members, and we have been collaborating for months now on various listings, with a focus on singer songwriter/indie rock/ feel good commercial acoustic music. AJ does the mixing and production, and I perform and write the songs lyrics and melodies (we also are exploring songs for AJ too but for this listing it was my vox), and we share between me writing the structure of the song and AJ doing it. So sometimes, I give him a tune to build, and others, he gives me the instrumental to topline. It's a great dynamic.

It has definitely had its challenges, as we found ourselves getting return after return and always only just missing the mark. Alas, we took it on the chin and kept moving forward, coming up with new content, and focusing on the passion and fun of the process than the nitty gritties and the pressure.

So, did we get some good news this morning when, our tracks Go On Now Be Quiet, Healer and Safe received flying colours and praises and soared through the process to be forwarded 3 for 3! These 3 songs were songs that were returned for 3 completely different listings, and yet, together worked right on target for a listing they weren't built for but might as well have been!

It goes to show that, if you put the passion and quality in, just because one person says no, doesn't mean it won't be right somewhere else, ready for someone to say yes!

This is for me my first ever forward (or forwards in this case LOL) for a vocal track I've written and performed (I got a very unexpected forward on a 80s instrumental last month that I just did as a test of my production skills and to learn where I fall short, which funnily enough, I didn't get any feedback because it was a YES haha) and it just feels like a weight has been lifted finally hitting it in the goalposts. Just the momentum we needed going into an onslaught of great listings currently out that I'm working on with AJ and a few other producers ATM. It's definately all guns blazing in the camp of topliner Shalee.

You can listen to the tunes that got through here if you're interested: https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... ist=shalee

This is the listing:

S190515SS
TRADITIONAL SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a very active British Music Library that’s been using TAXI to find a lot of new music for catalogs they are currently building!
They want Songs in All Tempos in the stylistic ballpark of the references below:
“Fire And Rain” by James Taylor
“A Case of You” by Joni Mitchell
NOTE: Your submissions can be actual Vintage masters recorded back in the day, or they can be new songs that have been recently recorded and just inspired by that era.
Please submit Songs with great melodies, captivating lyrics, and a compelling chorus. You can go with a relatively simple Stripped-Down Guitar/Vocal or Piano/Vocal performance, as well as versions with a small ensemble. A great vocal performance with a heartfelt delivery could really help you stand out for this request.
They didn’t specify any lyric themes; but if you can imagine hearing your lyrics fitting in with the references above, then you’re probably in the ballpark. Please avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD.

Have a fabulous weekend- AJ and I certainly will be

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 3/3 for AJ Hall and Me :)

Post by DannyWeber » Fri May 31, 2019 7:36 am

Sounds like you two are finding your footing with TAXI! The "write, submit, forget, repeat" mantra really works!!

Cheers and congrats to both of you!!!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Shalee wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:18 pm

So, did we get some good news this morning when, our tracks Go On Now Be Quiet, Healer and Safe received flying colours and praises and soared through the process to be forwarded 3 for 3! These 3 songs were songs that were returned for 3 completely different listings, and yet, together worked right on target for a listing they weren't built for but might as well have been!

It goes to show that, if you put the passion and quality in, just because one person says no, doesn't mean it won't be right somewhere else, ready for someone to say yes!
Congratulations Shalee and AJ!

That's awesome news, but with your skills, work ethic, and positivity it was just a matter of time before you slotted the right track(s) to the right listing.

I gave'm a listen and they're all solid.

I especially enjoy Healer - when that first chorus kicks in - goosebumps!

Congrats again you two now go write some more.

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:08 pm

DannyWeber wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:36 am
Sounds like you two are finding your footing with TAXI! The "write, submit, forget, repeat" mantra really works!!

Cheers and congrats to both of you!!!

Dan
Thanks Dan! Onwards and upwards from here!

Hope you are well :)

Shalee

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:10 pm

CTWF wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:47 pm
Congratulations - good to see you two finally having well-deserved success. Tom
Cheers man, thanks for the support :)

Shalee

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:11 pm

jaywilliams wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm
Shalee wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Congratulations Shalee and AJ!

That's awesome news, but with your skills, work ethic, and positivity it was just a matter of time before you slotted the right track(s) to the right listing.

I gave'm a listen and they're all solid.

I especially enjoy Healer - when that first chorus kicks in - goosebumps!

Congrats again you two now go write some more.

Jay :)
Thanks Jay!
Yeah Healers really got that kinda vibe to it! AJ did a killer job on the guitar for me :)

Hope you're projects are going well, just hit me up if you need me!
Shalee

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Congratulations on the collaboration and the forwards. :)