3 easiest ways to improve your song: Get reviewed!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

frodo
Impressive
Impressive

3 easiest ways to improve your song: Get reviewed!

Post by frodo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:27 pm

3 easiest ways to improve your song: Post it here and get your review!Following the thread about the difficulties reviewing songs, I've come up with an alternate solution:I'll tell you three most obvious areas to look into for improving your song.(in my view - of course...)And by song, I also mean the wholeness, with the production and performance and everything, not just the lyrics and melody.So - post here and direct me to where your song is, and I'll review it with this in mind... can't say how many I'll do, but I'll do 10, at least.Just one song per person for now.Interested? Post away!- until next timefrodo

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 3 easiest ways to improve your song: Get revie

Post by bwrenhewmach » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi FrodoI just had a song finished called en Mai would you let me know what you think. mBhttp://www.broadjam.com/artists/home.php?artistID=57258

frodo
Impressive
Impressive

Post by frodo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Aug 4, 2008, 5:32pm, bwrenhewmach wrote:Hi FrodoI just had a song finished called en Mai would you let me know what you think. mBhttp://www.broadjam.com/artists/home.php?artistID=57258 Hmmm....Not much to say for this one, and just small things...1. The violin/viola sounds a bit to 'non-spacey' for this kind of song, I think it would suit a more open airy sound, even in the beginning, - try sending a little (more) to a very big reverb and to a long delay/echo line, to add some more space. And, send also to a convolution plate to add some presence and wide-ness. 2. A little bit into the song, try dubbing it with some other violins/strings, low in the background, to add some variation.3. From 0:38 or so, it gets a little bit boring, this would be a good place to add some 'breathing' synths or something to add an extra dimention, and help keep it interesting.- until next timefrodo

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Thank for your thoughts I have forwarded them to my producer for consideration.thanks again for your time. Bill

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:52 pm

here's a try for you, old home production, and miracle it got cleaned up this well--honestly of course, like always:http://www.taximusic.com/download/23170 ... am.mp3Solo DreamVerse 1Stuck up here all by myselfNo one knows that I've gone stealthThis strange dream I'm in's got me so lowMy props have stopped, there's something wrongFeeling a lot like Major TomI'm always right and seldom wrongA true soloChorus 1I'm so low to the groundBut the landing gear's not downFalling through the puffy cloudsThe cornfields and silos--they seem to glowVerse 2Wondering if i should maydayAll I see are bales of hayNo one's listening anyway, I'm soloNo tower voice says hey come aroundI look left and glance on downNo red carpets And no white foam on the groundChorus 2I'm so low to the groundI hear the crickets nowSoaked wet sheets all aroundI finally awake to a cricket's soundOutro ChorusI'm so low to the groundI hear the crickets nowSoaked wet sheets all aroundI finally awake, a true soloStill soloSo low

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 pm

mild man--you are a master at your genre, don't find a thing boring about it personally , except it's the typical mr. wren's quality. beautiful. tell your producer imho, he did a helluva job!!! i'll tell mine it's miller time!the best,wh

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Typical excellent production from Mild Bill. I have to say though that I think Frodo made some good suggestions, especially #1, although I probably wouldn't have noticed it if he hadn't mentioned it first.Cam

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 pm

yep, billy told me the same thing, so i'm gunna listen again, i didn't find much, but hello frodo, i'm gunna check out your website now, billy says it's killer.the best,whps: checked out your site, very cool, the sounds are quite good!

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks guys, One thing is for sure i have to beg Frank to put more effects on my music. He thinks it takes away from the beauty of the real sound of the instruments and he is so good at what he does he doesn't have anything to hid or mistakes to cover up. Needless to say he comes up with a very clean production. I just think effects are cool. mB

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 pm

Hey Frodo,If you could give me some advise on my song "Mothers Day" that's on the boards right now, that would be great. The comments have been pretty favorable but I get this feeling that everyone's being too nice 'cause I hear things that I KNOW need fixing. Here's the link:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... Thanks,Cam