3 forwards - aggrotech instrumentals

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PeteCrane
Active
Active

3 forwards - aggrotech instrumentals

Post by PeteCrane » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm

I signed up to Taxi as this listing had one of my project's tracks as a reference, and created 2 tracks just for it as well as an instrumental edit of an upcoming song for the project, and today (about 35 days after the deadline) they all got forwarded ^.^

I notice the certificate says they have been sent to: "Music Library". From anyone's experience, does this mean the client is a music library? The listing doesn't say this and says the client is a "Music Licensing Company with lots of awesome placements in Film and TV", whereas I notice other listings specify if the client is a music library. I'm personally hoping this is a licensing company with direct connections and not just a library looking for more content in the genre to sit in their catalogue. But we'll see.

Although I signed up just for the above listing, I've already started making and submitting tracks just for other listings. Definitely inspiring to keep going.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 3 forwards - aggrotech instrumentals

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 am

PeteCrane wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm
I notice the certificate says they have been sent to: "Music Library". From anyone's experience, does this mean the client is a music library? The listing doesn't say this and says the client is a "Music Licensing Company with lots of awesome placements in Film and TV", whereas I notice other listings specify if the client is a music library. I'm personally hoping this is a licensing company with direct connections and not just a library looking for more content in the genre to sit in their catalogue. But we'll see.
Good start, I guess if they are already using your tracks as references then you have a bit of a head start !

I've seen different things on those certificates but most of them say Music Library, I don't think I've ever seen on that said " Music Licensing Company " . But isn't that just another term for a Library ?

You link just went to the top of general listing page BTW, best to copy/paste it into the forum.

Mark

PeteCrane
Active
Active

Post by PeteCrane » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:16 pm

True I guess it could all be said to be different forms of Music Library. We'll see :)

And the listing is S200728AG (https://www.taxi.com/listings/S200728AG) if my above link doesn't work.

Cheers.

PeteCrane
Active
Active

Post by PeteCrane » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Heard directly from the music licensing company. They are indeed a music library but they appear to have had some great recent placements (trailers for loads of major movies, TV themesongs, videogames) and have some cool stuff in their catalogue. They dug the tracks of mine that Taxi forwarded to them and while they requested some revisions they also want "a bunch more". I'm keen to go ahead :)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:27 am

PeteCrane wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 pm
Heard directly from the music licensing company. They are indeed a music library but they appear to have had some great recent placements (trailers for loads of major movies, TV themesongs, videogames) and have some cool stuff in their catalogue. They dug the tracks of mine that Taxi forwarded to them and while they requested some revisions they also want "a bunch more". I'm keen to go ahead :)
Great news Peter ! And thanks for clearing up the mystery

thespiralsequence

Post by thespiralsequence » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:28 pm

PeteCrane wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 pm
That's awesome, congratulations! I saw this listing and thought it looked like an interesting one to write for.

PeteCrane
Active
Active

Post by PeteCrane » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:12 pm

I got another forward, for this dispatch listing: https://www.taxi.com/listings/D200915CA

I think it's actually for the same client as the original listing above, but it's cool to have more positive feedback on the submissions I've been making for these listings.

An update on the original listing of this thread: while the listing specified instrumental tracks, the music licensing company actually said they want more tracks with "heavy guitars and screamed vocals please". I quizzed them on that because I didn't think they wanted tracks with vocals but they said they were after "artist-authentic" tracks and to just write as if I wasn't writing for a library, and that they have other tracks that just sound like releasable songs, so to go ahead with vocals and verse/chorus structures as well as instrumentals or songs with sparse vocals. So I wrote a new fast, aggressive electronic track with screamed vocals and heavy guitars in a verse/chorus structure and they are happy with it and want more.
As some additional feedback: while the taxi listing said "mid to uptempo", the music licensing company's feedback has been that they want it all faster, even though the tracks I sent are already 140-145 bpm which is definitely faster than mid-tempo already.

It's interesting feedback to err on an artist-authentic sound rather than sticking 100% to the taxi listing wording, which is often recycled from other listings from what I can see. I think what I'm finding so far is that you shouldn't second-guess what the client may find useful when making songs, but just try to put yourself into the tracks and make them as good as possible, and then make any specific changes the client wants after they hear it.

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 am

Congratulations! And btw, very cool that one of your tracks was a ref track!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram