3 usages on NBC today

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

3 usages on NBC today

Post by Casey H » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:30 pm

My Tunesat picked up 3 usages of a track of mine today on American Century Golf Championship, Final Round. NBC! :D

I've had these kind of placements before on The Golf Channel but this is on major network. Lengths weren't that long, 13-15 seconds, but it's always cool to know your track was on a major network. Hopefully more than coffee money (sandwiches too!) this time. ;)

:D Casey

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 3 usages on NBC today

Post by gitanosoy » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:51 pm

Congrats!! I will be happy just one day open up Tunesat and the detection is not blank. :lol:

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:03 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:30 pm
My Tunesat picked up 3 usages of a track of mine today on American Century Golf Championship, Final Round. NBC! :D

I've had these kind of placements before on The Golf Channel but this is on major network. Lengths weren't that long, 13-15 seconds, but it's always cool to know your track was on a major network. Hopefully more than coffee money (sandwiches too!) this time. ;)

Congrats, Casey. I am usually tuned into the golf, but was in the studio instead at that time... not that I would have recognized your music anyway.
But, those are great placements.
Our 'local boy' won The Scottish Open today. I'm sure "X" could buy a few coffees AND sandwiches.
:? :P
Last edited by funsongs on Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:58 am

Congrats Casey! That is great news. May you have many more :)

Tom

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:28 am

Excellent!!!! Way to go Casey!
Btw, you must have a lot of tracks out there. Do you register all of them on tunesat or do you run with the free subscription for 50 tracks?
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:46 am

I use the the free 50 account like almost everyone. The paid account is extremely expensive so unless you are way up there in the 6 figure income area, not affordable. And even then, not sure. Publishers may use it because of their large catalog.

For me, it's just a fun toy to get advance notice on placements. Occasionally it helps me get paid but.... ASCAP and BMI do not accept Tunesat detections as proof of broadcast. It does enable you to approach the publisher if you don't see anything from your PRO after about 9 months. But, if you have the same cue in multiple non-exclusive libraries, you have no way of knowing which one made the placement.

:) Casey

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:50 am

Casey H wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:46 am
I use the the free 50 account like almost everyone. The paid account is extremely expensive so unless you are way up there in the 6 figure income area, not affordable. And even then, not sure. Publishers may use it because of their large catalog.

For me, it's just a fun toy to get advance notice on placements. Occasionally it helps me get paid but.... ASCAP and BMI do not accept Tunesat detections as proof of broadcast. It does enable you to approach the publisher if you don't see anything from your PRO after about 9 months. But, if you have the same cue in multiple non-exclusive libraries, you have no way of knowing which one made the placement.

:) Casey
Thanks Casey! Jus wondering if tunesat should rethink they’re pricing strategy? So far, the only comments I hear is that everybody is using the free account because it’s way too expensive (which I completely agree with)! Or maybe it’s not meant for us poor composers struggling for each penny but rather for the big boys like huge libraries out there!
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

DaleG

Post by DaleG » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:02 pm

Congrats, That's killer!

kregdurant
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kregdurant » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Casey H wrote:

Lol Thats funny we were watching that at the bar too. Congrats man!

ksutton1207
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ksutton1207 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:33 pm

Casey H wrote:

Congrats, Casey! Especially when network broadcast pays at a higher rate 😄