3 year update

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

3 year update

Post by ResonantTone » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:19 am

Hey Taxi friends -

Just wanted to pop in and give some updates on all the amazing stuff that has happened since joining Taxi 3 years ago!

I honestly don't even know where to start! You can check out some of my previous posts on everything that has happened so far if you want. I'll try to keep this post to just the newest developments!

One year update - 1-year-down-what-a-ride-t144296.html

Two year update - 2-year-update-pandemic-version-t147163.html

So for this last year, things have really jumped to another level in a really good way! I'm continuing to find new ways to keep up productivity while juggling my full time job, helping at my kid's school, trying to be a present dad and husband, as well up my game in things like production, writing, and everything else that's needed in the music industry.

Over the last year or so, here are some of the new accomplishments and wins that I have seen:

- First full vocal track 100% written, produced, and signed to multiple libraries (this may seem insignificant, but it was a huge win for me!)
- Multiple nationally airing advertisement syncs
- Custom cue writing for Disney+
- An exponential jump in royalties
- Many new working relationships established with big name libraries
- Some really great collaborations with other taxi members, almost all of which have been signed somewhere
- Studio upgrades!!
- Currently working on a THEME song for ESPN!

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, but you get the idea! So many great things, and I can't tell you how thankful I am for Taxi and the opportunities it has presented. Though not every one of these opportunities came directly from taxi or a listing, it was through joining taxi and learning here (on these forums, from the rally, and from relationships made through taxi) that I was able to get on the path I am on today.

It always feels a bit awkward talking about money here, but I know it's valuable information. For my second year, I made somewhere in the ballpark of $8k from sync licensing.. that was everything from sync fees, royalties, consideration fees.. all of it. Last year, that number has easily doubled.. and these last few months have been the most profitable yet. I would not be surprised if that number triples this coming year!

Now for the not so good news.....

Taxi is the real deal, but it is just the vehicle! If you're just getting started, don't expect taxi to magically get you a paycheck. It takes WORK! It takes sacrifice, and a lot of frustration as you up your game. It takes good networking, being easy to work with, having a good attitude even when you're frustrated with a return or feedback from a library, and it takes consistency! There are so many things I'd love to share with you all in regards to the "balance" of maintaining everything in your life while you work towards your sync licensing goals, but the wall of text needed to do so is for another day maybe.

Suffice it to say, you've got to be willing to do the work and prioritize correctly... day in and day out. Lately for me, that has been waking up really early (4:30ish) in order to get at least 2 hours of solid productivity in before my families day starts. Everyone's schedule is different, as well as the demands placed on them on a daily basis.. but back to the good news.

If you work hard, are committed to getting a little bit better every day, stay productive, find your niche, meet deadlines, and crank out tracks... you WILL see a return on your investment. It may not come quickly, but it will happen!!!!

Hoping this little post is an encouragement to all you out there that are either just getting started or are maybe feeling a little down about not seeing the results you expected. Keep your head up and be ruthless about improving. Remember this is a service based industry, and if you can create a quality product that is in demand, eventually someone will bite. You got this, and I'm rooting for you! :)

Andrew Jordan

P.S. Hoping to see everyone at the Rally this year if it happens!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 3 year update

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:04 am

Wow that 3years has gone by fast Andrew. I remember listnening to the first track you posted and knowing almost immediately you'd go on to greater thing if you stayed with it.

Congrats on how far you've come in such a short space of time, I'm sure there was a ton of work you put in before you even joined Taxi though that set you up for success, some people don't even consider that before they join and they think Taxi is going to teach it to them but it's kinda on the member to be good enough to compete and you certainly arrived with a lot of skills theat helped you get out of the blocks real fast.

Thanks for sharing the numbers , you're killing it - my 3rd year I earned £127 just for comparison. :shock: ...way behind your curve. What's your goal ? Is it to go full time at some point ? I guess that's the dream for most of us.

Happy to hear you're doing so well and proving it can be done , there's a lot naysayers saying the best days are gone and it's too overstaturated. Truth is it's only oversaturated if you're mediocre. Keep up the good work !

Mark

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:54 am

Congratulations, Andrew! Here is to constant doubling of your income :)
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:33 am

Great results Andrew, and welcome proof for the rest of us that the opportunities are still out there for those with ability and a good work ethic. Congratulations! Year 4 should be stunning :).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:32 am

Congrats! Your incredibly hard work and perseverance pays off! Great to see your success. :mrgreen: I checked out your website and your tracks are amazing. Not hard to understand why they do so well out there.

Best,
:D Casey

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Way to go! Thanks for sharing👏🏻👏🏻
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:21 pm

That high level of growth in such a short amount of time is remarkable. That definitely puts you in the class of the TAXI elite. Congrats on all of your continued success!

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:31 am

Wow man HUGE congrats and thanks for sharing this as I am personally always on the lookout for these success stories for inspiration in times of doubt! Much respect for keeping your work ethic while still finding time for your family!

Cheers!
Owen

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:10 am

This is awesome, Andrew. What a great update, and motivational read!! Thanks for sharing, dude.

~~Matt

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Congrats Andrew, God is Great!
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings