4 Forwards since joining!! - quick question about forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

UncleJesse

4 Forwards since joining!! - quick question about forwards

Post by UncleJesse » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

Hi!

I've been wanting to become a TAXI member for years and finally signed up 2 months ago. It's by far the best thing I've ever done for my music. I love it so much! I got my 4th forward yesterday!! Such a great feeling!

I was wondering if any of my forwards are considered being used how would they contact me? All I have given TAXI is my email address in the 'My Profile' section. Is that all they need? The audio files i submitted don't have any of my details on them. I realize now i should have put my details on them.

Thanks!! Really love reading through these forums, everyone is so great!

The 4 forwards were -

1) TOP TIER HOLLYWOOD MUSIC SUPERVISOR needs MID-to-UPTEMPO ELECTRONIC Instrumentals for a MAJOR FEATURE FILM.

2) ALTERNATIVE/MODERN ROCK INSTRUMENTALS, in the style of the song "45" by Gaslight Anthem, needed by a Production Company/Music Library for various Film/TV placements.

3) MUSIC SUPERVISOR for a MOVIE TRAILER COMPANY needs CLASSICAL "HYBRID" INSTRUMENTALS for the TRAILER for an INDIE FILM.

4) SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS in the style of Damien Rice, Ray LaMontagne, Colin Hay, etc., needed by successful NY-Based Boutique Music Publishing Placement Company looking for New Artists to represent for Film & TV Placements.

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 4 Forwards since joining!! - quick question about forwards

Post by eeoo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Fantastic, congrats on the forwards! Once Taxi forwards your music it is out of their hands but the listing party will have the info you provided Taxi with and if they are interested they will contact you directly. This can take anywhere from a few days to, in some cases, a few years!

Write, submit, forget and repeat is the mantra around here.

Good luck!

eo

RogerG
Impressive
Impressive

Post by RogerG » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey,

Congrats. That's pretty awesome. And though they'll have Taxi's info with your forwards as Ethan said, still put the information in your file(s). Here's a link to explain the why's, etc: http://www.richardfarrar.com/what-are-i ... mp3-files/

Basically you want someone to be able to search through their database(s) and be able to find your track(s). For example, if they're searching for "classical" and that's in your file under genre, it will come up in their search.

Hope that helps. - Roger

UncleJesse

Post by UncleJesse » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:07 am

Hey thanks so much eo and Roger. I really appreciate it!!

Great link Roger.. very helpful.

All the very best guys!!

Jesse