8 outta 9!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

og
Impressive
Impressive

8 outta 9!

Post by og » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:14 pm

I finally found a listing that fit my music--S060530FO-- and submitted 9 songs. Eight were forwarded! The ninth didn't fit, I knew it didn't fit, put it on the CD by mistake, and was too damned lazy to go back and redo it on a worknight.The worst knock was a "hiss that might make them not broadcast quality"My wife and I have toasted the forwards, now I start looking for the "hiss"!

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 8 outta 9!

Post by edteja » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Super congratulations!Can you post the text of that listing?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Quote: I finally found a listing that fit my music--S060530FO-- and submitted 9 songs. Eight were forwarded! The ninth didn't fit, I knew it didn't fit, put it on the CD by mistake, and was too damned lazy to go back and redo it on a worknight.The worst knock was a "hiss that might make them not broadcast quality"My wife and I have toasted the forwards, now I start looking for the "hiss"! Yeah! The Missouri guys are coming through! Who says LA and Nashville are the centers of the music universe?

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffchurchwell » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:40 pm

og,Congrats, sir! 8 out of 9 is remarkable! But let's call it 8 out of 8 since the ninth was a mistake. I submitted 3 songs to that same listing, and all three were forwarded as well. So it looks like we're competitors. I'll promise not to knife you if you'll swear you won't shoot me. What were the songs, and where can we hear them? You can see my submitted songs in the thread in this forum: http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... 77151Great job, og! Good luck to us both!Jeff

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffchurchwell » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Ed,Here's the text for that listing:---------Americana/Alt Country/FolkTAXI # S060530FOA wide variety of AMERICAN FOLK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an Online Music Licensing Co. that supplies music to film, TV, video game, corporate, internet, and DVD projects. All tempos OK. Male or female vocals are OK. They’ve been in business for 10 years and have had over 40,000 licensing sales transactions in that span. They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 deal -- any revenue generated by a license is split down the middle between you and the company. Public Domain material is OK. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than May 30, 2006. TAXI # S060530FO----------Jeff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:37 am

Hey very cool. That makes it eleven out of eleven, between you. Good luck to both of you. I want to see a clean break. Go to your respective corners, and when the bell rings, come out singing!
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanks Ed, Dave, and don't-make-me-hurt-you Jeff. I think there's prob'ly room for both of us in media-land. You can hear most of the tunes on my Soundclick site. Waitin' For a Sign, She Misses the Sea, Rolling Stone Lullaby, Old Fool, Hurricane Rosie, and Reason are there, as is Bright Side--the boo-boo. One other, American Rail, is on another Soundclick site with songs from other users of Kristal software. We have an informal monthly songwriting contest, and A.R. is my entry for this month--possibly my best song to date. http://www.soundclick.com/kaechallengejun06 will get you there. The last song hasn't made it to cyberspace yet. Thanks again for the kind words. Ed

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:29 am

Congrats og!Dave (and og) - I'm only a mile from the Missouri border (I'm in the KC metro area), and I lived in Missouri most my life....and my forward to submission ratio since I joined in late March...8/9

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:47 am

Quote:Congrats og!Dave (and og) - I'm only a mile from the Missouri border (I'm in the KC metro area), and I lived in Missouri most my life....and my forward to submission ratio since I joined in late March...8/9 The Midwest shows its stuff.

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:18 am

Happy to see people who live in places other than the "Sacred Cities" (LA, CHI, NYC ) getting some recognition. I know what that's like - I live in New Mexico. Some people don't even know we're a state, let alone that there is incredible talent here!A toast on the listings and I hope you have many more!