80's-era ORIGINAL POP SONGS...any yet?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

windowman
Impressive
Impressive

80's-era ORIGINAL POP SONGS...any yet?

Post by windowman » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 pm

I was wondering if anyone has submitted to this listing yet-80's-era ORIGINAL POP SONGS needed by a veteranCommercial and Indie Film Producer, working on her independent feature filmwhich largely revolves around the music of the 80's era and the specificevents that occured in the year of 1984. Some of those events includeMarvin Gaye's death, Michael Jackson phenomenon "Thriller", the Tylenolscare, etc. You think in the general and broad range from Duran Duran toOingo Boingo, Tears For Fears to Madonna, Morissey to The Cure. She islooking for both the popular and the obscure sounds of the 80's musicscene. Songs that are selected may be used as montage pieces or infeature moments, such as an on-screen radio show or TV commercial. Originalmaterial only. Broadcast quality needed -- great sounding homerecordings are OK. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD. Allsubmissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received nolater than Feb. 27, 2008.TAXI # S080227POI've got 2 up just in time. Here they be-----------------http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=1Wade

diogenes
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 80's-era ORIGINAL POP SONGS...any yet?

Post by diogenes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:39 pm

good songs! The second one's my favorite. Good look, hope you get forwarded.

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Hey Wade, the second song sounds like a forward to me!

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Second one has a "i'll stop the world and melt with you" thing going on in a couple places...I think it fits the listing and has got a good chance....1st one as well, but 2nd one is my favorite of the two.

dryan
Active
Active

Post by dryan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:45 pm

I have to agree. Both songs sound good. I also like the second song better. I remember everything swimming in reverb and bad snare drums. I am glad you didn't go that route. The songs have a great 80's sound with modern production techniques. Like something leaning towards The Killers. I believe both songs have great potential for being forwarded. dr

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Ah... good times, the 80s.Methinks I hear a bit of Loverboy in there too. Sounds good to me.Kathleen

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:17 am

Wade,Good stuff dude! Like the short harmonized guitar solo on the first tune. I like both equally. Best of luck to ya'!ibanez468

exiled
Active
Active

Post by exiled » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:17 am

hey there! I'm also betting on the 2nd song... on target for the listing, IMO.But at the same time it sounds contemporary... very Killers like, as someone pointed out. Good tunes!

windowman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by windowman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks for the kind words folks! Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days. The 'Melt With You' vibe on the second song makes sense, especially with the drum shots. That song is a re-write of something I came up with back in the 80's. (Didn't think I'd ever be seeing it again!)Also, The Killers reference is good to know for future mixes of these tunes. Funny how things come around again...Cheers,Wade

windowman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by windowman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:16 pm

I forgot to mention a few friends that helped out on these tunes. Sean Burns played bass on 'GO'. A good guy available for gigs, recording or otherwise- http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 9329365Tim McKeage did all of the vocals & George Magvas helped with engineering. Here's George's awesomely scary studio-http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 0194Giving credit where it's due.Wade