Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

80's Rock Ballad listing

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:24 am

Here it is, hot off of the presses!

'80s-Style POWER BALLAD/ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed for an (up to) $1,000, Direct-to-Film Producer placement in an upcoming Independent Feature Film with an Award Winning Indie Film Director!

Important Note: You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and keep 100% of your publishing and master rights. No publishing splits!

This Film's Producer is on the hunt for Mid-Tempo Songs that could work as a replacement for "Alone" by Heart, which is currently temped in:

"Alone" by Heart

They're NOT looking for clones or soundalikes! Similar tempo, style, and overall vibe? Yes. Clones? No!

QUOTING THE PRODUCER: "We need something epic that sounds like it would be playing in a bar."

Tempo Matters: Because the scene is already edited, matching (or being close to) the tempo of the reference is strongly recommended.

Please submit rockin' Power Ballads with an iconic, '80s sound and powerful, soaring choruses full of emotion! Memorable melodies, solid arrangements, '80s-inspired rhythms, well-performed vocals, and lots of emotional intensity are all needed for this request. Rock instrumentation in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the reference will suit your submissions best (think keys, guitars, bass, '80s-inspired drums, etc.). Please ensure any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and era-appropriate. Vintage and Modern recordings are both fair game! Powerful vocal performances full of confidence could help you seal the deal!

Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity could make your Songs easier to place. Please do NOT copy the referenced artist or song in any way, shape, or form. Use it as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

The license fee for this placement is (up to) $1,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-to-Film Producer placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Copyright and Master Recordings, plus you’ll also get 100% of the License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Copyright and Master Recordings to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Saturday, April 27th, 2024. TAXI # S240427EN

A couple of questions:
1.) "This is a Direct-to-Film Producer placement" Could someone please elaborate on this type of deal for me please? Would one be giving up both the publishing AND writer share for this?? It says that one would keep 100% of the sync fee (which isn't much) I am not sure that a few hundred bucks is worth it to me to be quite honest... I am going to bring in a singer 50/50 on this project, so I need to understand this before proceeding.
2.) Do you think this is more in line with hair metal ballads? Or just 80's ballads in general?? The line seperating "Alone" by Heart, the various similar Aerosmith ballads from this era, and something like "Heaven" by Warrant is VERY thin

I am going to get my cheese grater out and dig through some old demos and recordings from back in the day, AND write new stuff - This is going to be a blast! Thanks in advance for any and all comments!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com