A Bit Disappointed.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A Bit Disappointed.

Post by michael11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 am

Dec 17, 2008, 7:41am, weapon wrote:OK here comes some tough lovin'. You pay Taxi to be a representative to screen you're music and present them for possible oppotunities within the industry not to educate you on how everything works. That's whats books and reading are for, they give you a free convention every year to establish and make great connections and move your career forward. So stop whining, pay your dues, and do your frikkin job.Can you explain where my education with reference to Taxi is lacking please?
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

weapon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by weapon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:02 am

It was an encumbent post also referencing the remark about the DVD.

louis2012
Impressive
Impressive

Post by louis2012 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Dec 17, 2008, 7:41am, weapon wrote:OK here comes some tough lovin'. You pay Taxi to be a representative to screen you're music and present them for possible oppotunities within the industry not to educate you on how everything works. That's whats books and reading are for, they give you a free convention every year to establish and make great connections and move your career forward. So stop whining, pay your dues, and do your frikkin job.Is this an example of that New York charm I've heard so much about? Thanks for the tough love, I've just made an appointment with a support group for such situations......."Hi my name is Louis and I've just been patronised" *applause*

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:04 pm

"Is this an example of that New York charm I've heard so much about?"Nope. He doesn't live close enough to the city. I'm sure someone around here lives in one of the 5 Burroughs, though ""Hi my name is Louis and I've just been patronised" *applause* " Is this the dry English humor I've heard so much about?

claire
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by claire » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 pm

I was born and raised in New York. We're often blunt and to the point, so you can imagine how much fun I have in Nashville, Tennessee where everyone has to talk to you about the weather and their mama and the dog and the Titans and all you wanted to do was get your groceries and get out of Kroger, for heaven sake but you can never let 'em see that you're ready to run screaming out into the night...That said, New Yorkers are actually very warm, caring people. We really do know our neighbors and we really do talk to people, contrary to popular stereotypes. Claireoriginally of Brooklyn, New York

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Hey, I'm originally from Brooklyn! Anyone got a problem with that? Casey

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Ohhhh, I've been watching the Godfather series this week! Are we gonna go to the mattresses!
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com

claire
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by claire » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Hey, I'm originally from Brooklyn! Anyone got a problem with that? -----------------------------------------------Obviously not me! claire

weapon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by weapon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm plenty charming, I just don't believe in pulling punches anymore, this world would be better off if everyone wasn't so PC and just said what was on their minds.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:00 pm

Dec 17, 2008, 7:53pm, weapon wrote:I'm plenty charming, I just don't believe in pulling punches anymore, this world would be better off if everyone wasn't so PC and just said what was on their minds.OK, I think you're ugly, Jon... and Kelly dresses you funny.