A Bit Disappointed.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

louis2012
Impressive
Impressive

Re: A Bit Disappointed.

Post by louis2012 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Dec 18, 2008, 1:48pm, sgs4u wrote:Dec 18, 2008, 1:44pm, louis2012 wrote:The whole point of this forum is to discuss Taxi and bounce ideas around. Who the hell wants to be part of a community that doesn't ever discuss its problems and ideas for improvement?? We all work hard and we all pay our money and therefore we all have a voice. This is not communist China. Taxi works for us, not the other way round. If you don't like this 'freedom' might I suggest staying away from threads where criticisms are discussed?Careful Louis, now you are starting to do exactly what you don't want Jon to do... haha I know....calm thoughts louis ...calm thoughts....ah to hell with it! "Freeeeeedom!"

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 pm

well well--i've learned one thing here re: etiquette--read more carefully what you write before you send it--i've never had a bad intentioned bone in my body, but a couple of my posts have been misunderstood, and man, did they take off like a match down a gas tank!so now i TRY not to type as fast, try not to actually think i'm saying what i'm think i'm saying without reading it first....personally, compared to other "stuff" i've read on these forum pages in the past, there is not much up there that i find offensive that i've read--the pulling punches line by weapon i read as just saying it straight, but i also read INTO it that there are ways to do that without pissing somebody off.that's it, all the best,warren

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 pm

well well--i've learned one thing here re: etiquette--read more carefully what you write before you send it--i've never had a bad intentioned bone in my body, but a couple of my posts have been misunderstood, and man, did they take off like a match down a gas tank!so now i TRY not to type as fast, try not to actually think i'm saying what i'm think i'm saying without reading it first....personally, compared to other "stuff" i've read on these forum pages in the past, there is not much up there that i find offensive that i've read--the pulling punches line by weapon i read as just saying it straight, but i also read INTO it that there are ways to do that without pissing somebody off.that's it, all the best,warren

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Dec 18, 2008, 1:16pm, weapon wrote:Yeah, but there is a plus side, knowing that he doesn't like your music. You know who really believes in you and who doesn't, honestly I would rather someone tell me they don't like it, it's what pushes you to be better. Course, you can't please everybody.Listen, I don't need anyone to push me to be better. I push myself too hard as it is.Plus, you haven't heard the whole story. I played in a rock band doing all my own compositions with this guy, for godsakes. He's always loved my music, until his unfortunate putdown. My theory is when I abandoned "Ern the Rocker," he longed for the "good 'ol days" and is really bitter. I think we should contact Freud.To put it into perspective --- around the time he dissed me, he REALLY got into John Cage. 'Nuff said! --- Maybe if I do a tribute to John Cage's 4'33" and call it, say, 4'34" he'll start liking my compositions again. Total silence --- what a concept!BTW, sorry to hijack this thread --- back to our regular scheduled programming!Ern

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 pm

Dec 16, 2008, 8:07am, michael11 wrote:I live in the UK and I got a letter from Taxi today.On the front of the envelope was written in red,FINAL NOTICEthen in smaller letters,Your Taxi Membership Ends TodayNow I have two problems with this,I don't want letters with FINAL NOTICE landing on my doormat and giving me a heart attack LOL before I know what they are and secondly my membership runs out on January 9th.So TAXI in todays credit crunch environment a little more sensitivity in your marketing strategy please.Michael,Here in the States we're so accustomed to seeing junk mail that I doubt anyone would give "Final Notice" a second thought if they saw it on your mail. That may not be the case in the U.K. however, so Taxi might want to reconsider their choice of words. "Last Chance to Renew" might be better. I'd suggest you contact them and let them know their mailing is being returned because it "needs further development" and then suggest they try a rewrite.Cam

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Dec 17, 2008, 7:53pm, weapon wrote:I'm plenty charming, I just don't believe in pulling punches anymore, this world would be better off if everyone wasn't so PC and just said what was on their minds.Let me guess, your e-mail address ends in aol.com?Cam

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Dec 18, 2008, 1:56pm, weapon wrote:I was commenting on Ernsteins problem with his friend. Well, Weapon, thanks for the reference to Einstein! You forgot the "apostrophe," though! Listen, my friend (oops, I sound like John McCain ), I've been writing symphonic music for 15 years, and have had the "courtesy" of judges choosing my music to be recorded by the Bulgarian Philharmonic and the Czech Philharmonic, and have had performances premiered on the east and west coasts of the U.S. That's not much, but at least my career is growing, and I believe every artists' contributions will continue to grow if you ignore the critics that mean to take you down."Honestly," I think you should take a few deep breaths and not take such aggressive actions against the people on this forum.Ern

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:56 pm

RE: "FINAL NOTICE", It might be that a chatty mail carrier could ruin someone's reputation by spreading rumors (or is it rumours?) of impending financial collapse, but does that seem at all likely to anyone? Nearly every periodical does this; I get "Final Notice" mailings in big red letters from companies I've never even done business with before. Maybe there ought to be a law, but until there is, perhaps we should try to grow a thick skin. (rather than a thick skull) I'd rather not let a subscription run out, in most cases, and if Martha Stewart does it, mustn't it then be a Good Thing?
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:44 am

Dec 18, 2008, 7:12pm, cameron wrote: I'd suggest you contact them and let them know their mailing is being returned because it "needs further development" and then suggest they try a rewrite.CamIt's so early in the morning here, I almost didn't catch that as I skimmed through....nice one Cam!
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:52 am

Dec 18, 2008, 7:12pm, cameron wrote:Dec 16, 2008, 8:07am, michael11 wrote:I live in the UK and I got a letter from Taxi today.On the front of the envelope was written in red,FINAL NOTICEthen in smaller letters,Your Taxi Membership Ends TodayNow I have two problems with this,I don't want letters with FINAL NOTICE landing on my doormat and giving me a heart attack LOL before I know what they are and secondly my membership runs out on January 9th.So TAXI in todays credit crunch environment a little more sensitivity in your marketing strategy please.Michael,Here in the States we're so accustomed to seeing junk mail that I doubt anyone would give "Final Notice" a second thought if they saw it on your mail. That may not be the case in the U.K. however, so Taxi might want to reconsider their choice of words. "Last Chance to Renew" might be better. I'd suggest you contact them and let them know their mailing is being returned because it "needs further development" and then suggest they try a rewrite.CamThanks Cam,you have got it absolutely right!Michael
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks