A favorite line from your own lyrics

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: A favorite line from your own lyrics

Post by jeffe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 am

This is also about relationships. Bad ones. Lol.Waving your hands.Like a windmill in the sand.I'm frowning with your words.They make no sense at all.Playing a game.With the rules that always change.But I'm playing anyway.The outcome's still the same.---------------------A sign of the times (No, not the prince song )I have to add that this song is currently on sale on a best of A&R compilation CD. I'm proud of that. Though it was before I joined Taxi, so nothing to do with them.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:54 am

There's a theme here. Relationships. What about this cut.If a heart that beats the same as yours.Came beating at your door.I know you'd let it in.But would you keep it there?----------------"Bird song"

prez
Impressive
Impressive

Post by prez » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:17 am

From my song Sometimes (Regrets)Inside my world of "What if?"I think what could have been.If I had known my daddy,Instead of my mother's men.Blessings.
Truth Music - Music You Can Live To
http://www.4Six3Sound.com
prez@4six3sound.com
Twitter: 4Six3_Sound

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:48 am

Unless you've had a flock of quail explode from under your feet, you probably won't understand this lyric. ...he made her heart flutter, like a covey of quail -- from, Vermilion Girl, B.Cole

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:19 am

Quote:Unless you've had a flock of quail explode from under your feet, you probably won't understand this lyric. ...he made her heart flutter, like a covey of quail -- from, Vermilion Girl, B.ColeAre you on about the variety of bird that keeps on running in front of cars.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:45 am

Quote:Quote:Unless you've had a flock of quail explode from under your feet, you probably won't understand this lyric. ...he made her heart flutter, like a covey of quail -- from, Vermilion Girl, B.ColeAre you on about the variety of bird that keeps on running in front of cars.You guys all write fantastic lyrics....I've been enjoying this too.....what's so interesting is that the guys are writing beautiful love songs, and I write a**kicking country songs aimed at male audiences in Nashville....I have some Steve Earle in me just waiting to get out. Here's one of my songs....it's a prison song....just had it copyrighted, and I'm going to have it critiqued soon...if all goes well, I will have it demoed. Sorry, I can't play the melody right now, don't have the mp3 yet....just think very bluesy, sort of Allman Brotherish, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson. "Atmore' is a prison in south Alabama. The Yellow Mama is the electric chair in Alabama...which was retired in 2003.LEAVING ATMORE IN THE MORNINGI landed behind prison wallsFor something I did not doThey pinned a murder on meIn the spring of '92I had a reputationI'd done some time beforeA half a gram in my guitar caseAnd they found what they were looking forBut somehow I got luckyThe real killer he confessedI got my release yesterdayI'm gonna blow this place of deathI'm leaving out of Atmore in the morningWearing the mark of the wrongly accusedI'm leaving out of Atmore in the morningWith any luck, I'll be Mobile by noonYour strong love helped me throughAll the talks behind the glassI swore that if I made itI'd be coming home at lastThe Yellow Mama did her talkingTo all the dead men walkingI could have been amongNow, I'll be sitting next to youOh, I'm leaving out of Atmore in the morningWearing the mark of the wrongly accusedYes, I'm leaving out of Atmore in the morningWith any luck, I'll be Mobile by noonA man can lose his mind Living in a 8 by 10The thing that kept me goingWas to dance you with againI'll fly away in freedomAnd start on my new lifeAnd waltz you to the chapelWhere I'll make you my sweet wifeOh, I'm leaving out of Atmore in the morningWearing the mark of the wrongly accusedYes, I'm leaving out of Atmore in the morningWith any luck, I'll be Mobile by noonAh, with any luck I'll be in Mobile by noonAh, by noon....copyright 2006, jchitty

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:47 am

nice, reminds me of Merle

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:50 am

here's one that's not pretty(or finished). It's gonna be a Trace Adkins kinda thang. I'm sure Ern can relate.Uncle Samblah blah blah, thenBut the king of the castle, is such a greedy bastardThe bling on that asshole accumulated faster'Cause he' riding shotgun, he's the master blasterHe's pistol packing, Uncle SamSo watcha gonna do, with all that moneyJust who is getting screwed, outta all that moneyYou say snooze and you lose, you take all the moneyThere ain't nothing left to prove, 'cause you won all the money

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:51 am

And I'm supposed to be the one with murderous eyes!!!!!!!!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am

Quote:nice, reminds me of MerleThanks, Steve. Merle is one of my big influences. I love the alt-country stuff. It's sad to see that Merle, J. Cash, etc....all of those greats just don't get played in Nashville that much anymore, although Johnny Cash had a video out recently. So now, what was mainstream is too gritty. Even though Cash died years ago, they took some old footage and used it for the new video....I believe it's called, "Sooner Or Later God Will Cut You Down." Lots of stars did cameos in the video like Johnny Depp. Maybe you've seen it.