A few forwards but...

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PhilRey
Impressive
Impressive

Re: A few forwards but...

Post by PhilRey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 pm

tundedude35 wrote:More great stuff Phil! The quality and quantity of your output is great and it's comforting (to me maybe not to you :D ) that you struggle with unexpected returns like the rest of us. Write, Submit, Forget, Repeat!
Definitely ;) Ads/Films/RealityShows... Obviously these medias all have their specificities, and deserve a specific approach... So the quote (I think) should be modified a bit:

"Write, Submit, Forget, LEARN, Repeat!" ;)

Thanks for stopping by ! - Phil

PhilRey
Impressive
Impressive

Post by PhilRey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 pm

JHaglerMusic wrote:
Kolstad wrote:Great job, Phil.

Make sure you have the returns stocked and ready for new listings with briefs in the same musical "family". As these sounds good, and you have produced them to current in-demand specs, similar listings will come up regularly. Rewrite the metadata and keywords for new submissions, and you'll be in business soon enough.

Once you'll get a forward, you can offer them a batch of similar styled tracks instead of just the one they asked to sign. Several members have reported similar scenarios, so just write-submit-forget and repeat and build your portfolio.

Imo
"Write, Submit, Forget, Repeat" is the only way to approach this I feel. The feedback should bring growth, no matter how big or small it is. Maybe not growth in production or making music, but growth towards reading into a listing deeper perhaps. I'm only speaking from my experience and am obviously not a know it all, in any form. Grow from the feedback, but do not EVER let it define you...you are the artist!
This is so true "../...but do not EVER let it define you...you are the artist!". ;o) Thank you for saying it ! - Phil

jonathanmilanes

Post by jonathanmilanes » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Listened to all them, you are really talented man, the variety of the genres you produce is vast, and they all sound on point as well, production wise!

Keep at it man, and more power to you :)

All the best,

Jonathan Milanes
www.jonathanmilanes.com
www.soundprise.com

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GuitarKit » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Aint that the way Phil. totally know how you feel. I have had a string of returns as well. The tracks are good but.... For me, I can easily get sidetracked in the creative process. and go on a tangent. I have to have that listing in front of me the whole time to stay on task.
You've got the chops for this Phil. Keep going cause I know you're gonna get that email from an I.P.

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Have no fear... you will find homes for good tracks! I enjoyed 340 returns in my three years, and about 2/3 of them are now sitting in libraries. Peter covered it earlier, perfectly good cues may not be a strong enough fit for the screener's interpretation of the listing. But, when you make contact with libraries you can send those returns in because they fall in a "general" genre category that they can use later.

Keep up the great work!

Paulie
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

PhilRey
Impressive
Impressive

Post by PhilRey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 am

Wow you guys are SO supportive ! Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragment! :) It really touches my heart.

I know that we all have to face the "reality of the listing". It's a mental/emotional thing we all have to deal with I guess, and eventualy, we all can get use to it (do we ?), knowing that (as you all said it perfectly) it doesn't define you or your music. I'm used to more "freedom" in my creative work. So I guess it's a good school for specific aeras of the music industry where you have to conform to a brief (being from a listing, a music supervisor, a director, a client...). And that's a tough task for creative people ! Right and Left brain working together !

I'm also learning that there is no place for approximative approach in this game (being "close" put you as further away as being "far"). That's also a good thing to learn. Hard to achieve though.

Onward we go! ;) - Phil