A light breezy California feel...

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Re: A light breezy California feel...

Post by twilsbach » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:42 pm

My attempt so farCalifornia (it is still digitizing at 8:43 EDT) Its not completely done yet. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get it mixed right, and I need to replay the sloppy arpegg. part in the bridge.

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:43 pm

and Marc I'd say thats worth five bucks. Very, "You're Body Is a Wonderland"

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:04 pm

That is a nice comfortable piece, Marc. My own experience tells me the song will be returned for this listing if you submit it. The screener is going to be listening for "acoustically driven." This is a good piece but it is not that. I would like to be wrong. Let us know what happens if you do submit it.

leejohnson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by leejohnson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:52 am

Hey, thanks...your thread here is helpful. Your tracks sound good....My 2cents is I think Tim is probably closer to the acoustic driven track they are looking for than marcblack30, which is more electric. Lee

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Here's my light California breeze! Not sure it really screams California but hey I guess we'll find out soon.http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 1Marcblack - Great production and sound. Overall, not sure if it's "light." ?? The beginning is light and then it sounds more electric than acoustic towards the end, but it may be worth the $5 just in case.Tim - Good production and sound too. It's definitely acoustic enough in my opinion. I wanted to hear more melody, but that's just me and maybe not what they're looking for... They might be looking for a pad, or background layer, whatever you want to call it - music that's not overly medodic and more subtle, in which case yours would work well.good work!Justin

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Quote:I wanted to hear more melody, but that's just me and maybe not what they're looking for... They might be looking for a pad, or background layer, whatever you want to call it - music that's not overly medodic and more subtle, in which case yours would work well.Yeah, I've been toying with adding a simple melody line on top, I might end up doing that, maybe submitting both or adding "underscore availble" to the lyric section on the submission

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:57 pm

yeah, i'm pretty sure mine won't make it through, i may sit this one out.tim, i like your tune, i'd like to hear the drums come in a little sooner, i think your on target with the tempo and briskness.Mather, i like your tune too, tempo may be a little slow.i'd love to hear what get forwarded for this, what a crap shoot.
-- Marc Blackwell

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:34 pm

marcblack - thanks for listening, you might be right about the tempo...this should be interesting.

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:25 pm

ok, i put together an all acoustic version of a new song that's in the making. this might fit a little better, who knows.good luck to all!http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 6&stream=1
-- Marc Blackwell

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 pm

marcblack - nice, I could see this song getting forwarded. If I were mixing this I would mess with the hi-hat a little, maybe turn it down a bit? Otherwise, cool tune!