A little experiment

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: A little experiment

Post by Cameloide » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:16 pm

lesmac wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:25 pm
If you put as much effort into your next track as you do on your critique on the screener’s feedback you should be on a winner. It wasn’t right for the listing. Don’t expect feedback from screeners to be perfect. A Grammy award winning whatever can still make a performance sound sterile. Like Cass I thought it sounded like midi drums at first.

You got your feedback from the forum.
I might not take the bait again now I know there is a hook in there.

Lots of people post about how long they or someone has played an instrument. It’s usually in a rant.

Library owners browse here and some things may stand out where they think “Gee is it going to be hassle free working with this person “. There are thousands of tracks out there worse or better. You can make a few tweaks and shop it elsewhere. It may or may not get placed even with the same drum track. I think the issue here is you have to cop it on the chin. Let it go and preserve you public demeanour.
Why do people get so butt hurt on here when people critique feedback from a service we're paying to give us "expert" feedback to improve our tracks in the hope of getting them placed? I don't get it. I wasn't critiquing you pal. Your points are taken and I do appreciate the feedback. There's no hook in the bait...it wasn't a gotcha question. What's wrong with wanting to get unbiased feedback?

I did get my feedback from the forum, thank y'all very much, and it was helpful. Had the screener's feedback been clear enough I might not have needed to come to the forum for clarity.

You have no idea how much effort went into my track, but I assure it was a little more than writing a post.

Hassle to work with? I haven't hassled anybody at Taxi about anything. I haven't hassled any library about anything. I've made a few post trying to add a little activity to a pretty uneventful forum. I don't think that's gonna really effect my "public demeanor".

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: A little experiment

Post by Cameloide » Tue May 25, 2021 8:40 am

Cameloide wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am
I'm gonna remix it and submit it directly to another library and if they pick it up I'll post here for y'all to hear the changes.
We had a library sign another track through an earlier Taxi brief and they asked us to write some new cues for a specific show. Luckily one of the references had some whistling, so I remixed this one (taking into account some of y'all's feedback, and tuning the whistling this time) and I think it came out much better. So thanks guys! They signed all 4 of the new cues we submitted and this one was their favorite.

https://soundcloud.com/vince-johnston-2 ... nal-210523