A Precious Gift :)

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aswann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

A Precious Gift :)

Post by aswann » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:24 am

Thank you so very much Michael Laskow for an AMAZING Road Rally! I learnt a ton and I am so inspired by it! There were so many great panellists and speakers who provided us with such solid advice. There is no way anyone could attend and not be super fired up to strive to do the best music they can! Michael, I am truly grateful for you and all you do and I am also very grateful for this amazing TAXI family! The sense of focused music mission I got from the Rally, combined with the supportive TAXI music community, are both especially important in these unusually challenging times that we are all facing. I know this sounds overboard but I have to say you have given us a precious gift. THANK YOU!!!! Cheers, Smudgie

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: A Precious Gift :)

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:46 pm

aswann wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:24 am
Thank you so very much Michael Laskow for an AMAZING Road Rally! I learnt a ton and I am so inspired by it! There were so many great panellists and speakers who provided us with such solid advice. There is no way anyone could attend and not be super fired up to strive to do the best music they can! Michael, I am truly grateful for you and all you do and I am also very grateful for this amazing TAXI family! The sense of focused music mission I got from the Rally, combined with the supportive TAXI music community, are both especially important in these unusually challenging times that we are all facing. I know this sounds overboard but I have to say you have given us a precious gift. THANK YOU!!!! Cheers, Smudgie
I agree Smudgie! This RR was awesome and Michael, Briagha and the whole TAXI crew did a bang up job! Can't wait for the in-person RR hopefully next year.

And congrats on your recent Y and R placement! ;)
Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:25 pm

Very well said! Yes, the rally was great, just great!

My only "regret" is the amount of work and stress for the folks at Taxi, and especially Michael. You Taxi folks please take care of yourselves! :)

Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

aswann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by aswann » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:33 pm

JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:46 pm
aswann wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:24 am
I agree Smudgie! This RR was awesome and Michael, Briagha and the whole TAXI crew did a bang up job! Can't wait for the in-person RR hopefully next year.

And congrats on your recent Y and R placement! ;)
Best, John
Hey John, So glad you agree! Ya fingers crossed I hope we all able to get together next year! I miss everyone :)

Ah...that's very kind of you re my Y&R placement! Thanks!

Btw, I really enjoyed your session "How to Find Success" with Greg! You gave us so many fabulous tips, including insight into your process. It was very useful for me so thank you! It was also interesting hearing about your prior experience with artists. I think we have similar taste and focus for the most part. :)

Cheers,
Smudgie

aswann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by aswann » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:43 pm

jdstamper wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:25 pm
Very well said! Yes, the rally was great, just great!

My only "regret" is the amount of work and stress for the folks at Taxi, and especially Michael. You Taxi folks please take care of yourselves! :)

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the rally!

Yes it must have been a ton of work! I can't imagine how much.

Cheers,
Smudgie