A Surprising Forward...

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

A Surprising Forward...

Post by slideboardouts » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm

I got forwarded for an R&B song that I really wasn't expecting. I don't think its a bad song, but I didn't have time to put the final touches on it (including a better mix).This is also surprising because this is yet another forward I've gotten for an urban listing. I think I've only had 1 urban song that wasn't forwarded. The reason why I find this surprising (and somewhat humorous) is that I did not grow up listening exclusively to urban music. I am first and foremost a guitar player. Ed Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Yngwie Malmsteen, blink182, green day, fall out boy, etc....those were the guys I grew up listening to and worshiping. My pop rock song, however, got the big [R] lol. I guess my niche will just have to be Urban Which is cool because I have a blast writing hip-hop instrumentals.No complaints here whatsoever...I just find it funny Here is the song if anybody is interested:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... true-Steve

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A Surprising Forward...

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey slide,Congrats on the forward! Like the veterans around here say: "You just never know". Just out of curiousity, is this the same tune you were referring to in your post to reg, and the one that I asked you to post for us to listen to? If so, sorry 'bout that. Didn't realize you had posted it already. Good job!ibanez468

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Congrats Steve!!Nice track btw. Quote:Ed Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Yngwie Malmsteen, blink182, green day, fall out boy, etc....those were the guys I grew up listening to and worshiping.Don´t forget Randy Rhoads (one of my favourites)My most surprising forward was for an "authentic-sounding African music instrumentals" listing. I had heard African music maybe twice before (did some research before composing )- JH

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:51 am

It's pretty funky lol, I like it.Thanks for sharing it.