A Taxi Rock/Country Collaboration!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pesmitty
Impressive
Impressive

Re: A Taxi Rock/Country Collaboration!

Post by pesmitty » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 pm

First, Ted, thanks, the song is very plain lyrically, but is intended to touch the person who is feeling what is described in the bridge ("a part of you feels dead inside, can't get outta bed, can't stop the cryin', you're afraid the sun will never rise again"). I hope it lifted you a little. Second, being 100% honest here, I have a sneaking suspicion this song will cause more interest in Logan as a singer than me as a writer and that is absolutely great with me, as I asked Logan to do it because he is so talented. I am happy to pitch it in hopes that it will do something for both of us, and I will be flattered if he uses it with his other songs to pitch his vocals.Finally, thanks for the generosity of those of you who took (or are taking) the time to listen. I know everyone is short on time and I don't take for granted the time you spent listening. I hope to contribute more, here, myself to see if I cna be of any help. I will put up the rock mix when I get it. (BTW, Logan, let us all know if anything happens with your recent forwards -- great tunes.)PerryP.S. C'mon Logan, the sun will "rise" again!!!!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Quote:Quote:I have had three of the worst days of my life at work, one right after another, and I keep losing it when people walk out on their checks and/or stiff me...to the point where I'm thinking my job may be in jeopardy. (I've been in the restaurant biz for 30 years and I have HAD it with stupid, cheap assholes.)Call me a wuss, but after the day I've had, I sat here and tried my hardest NOT to let anyone know I was crying.Ted - I look up to you and I definitely wouldn't call you a wuss! Glad you liked the song, but man, sorry to hear about your string of bad days. As they say "the sun will shine again." Seriously - looking forward to meeting you and chatting over a BEvERage at the next Rally! -LoganYou have absolutely got a deal, my friend.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Quote:First, Ted, thanks, the song is very plain lyrically, but is intended to touch the person who is feeling what is described in the bridge ("a part of you feels dead inside, can't get outta bed, can't stop the cryin', you're afraid the sun will never rise again"). I hope it lifted you a little. Second, being 100% honest here, I have a sneaking suspicion this song will cause more interest in Logan as a singer than me as a writer and that is absolutely great with me, as I asked Logan to do it because he is so talented. I am happy to pitch it in hopes that it will do something for both of us, and I will be flattered if he uses it with his other songs to pitch his vocals.Finally, thanks for the generosity of those of you who took (or are taking) the time to listen. I know everyone is short on time and I don't take for granted the time you spent listening. I hope to contribute more, here, myself to see if I cna be of any help. I will put up the rock mix when I get it. (BTW, Logan, let us all know if anything happens with your recent forwards -- great tunes.)PerryP.S. C'mon Logan, the sun will "rise" again!!!!Perry,"plain" and simply elegant are two very different things. These words lifted me up on their own, but Logan's vocals brought them home. GREAT job. PLEASE let me work with you both. It would be an honor. And I don't mind begging. Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

pesmitty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pesmitty » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Funny, Ted, working on that lyric you sent at this very moment!

audiorayne
Impressive
Impressive

Post by audiorayne » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Quote:P.S. C'mon Logan, the sun will "rise" again!!!!Oh right! Crap .. knew I should have practiced that part more! But seriously, great post Perry. I'm amazed at the response to my vocals in general since I don't consider myself a singer at all, but let's get back on track here - this is about your amazing song, not the voice! You're going to give me a fat head!j/k ... -L

pesmitty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pesmitty » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:50 pm

We should probably continue complimenting each other via PM -- it might be a bit much to the folks here But if you didn't think you were a singer, think again.

jeep
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jeep » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Wow that it is what perfection is sll about that sounds awesome!

audiorayne
Impressive
Impressive

Post by audiorayne » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Quote:Quote:Ted - I look up to you and I definitely wouldn't call you a wuss! Glad you liked the song, but man, sorry to hear about your string of bad days. As they say "the sun will shine again." Seriously - looking forward to meeting you and chatting over a BEvERage at the next Rally! -LoganYou have absolutely got a deal, my friend.TedYou better mark me down on your schedule then because I'd say there's going to be more than one person wanting to get their hands on a piece of YOUR time, good sir! How come there's no :beer: smiley on this forum???