Abroad

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hannahhesse

Abroad

Post by hannahhesse » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:35 am

Hello!

My question is about NOT attending rallies. I keep reading about how great it is and helpful for a career... but when you live abroad and can't attend, what's your chance?
I'm just wondering if there are any songwriter out there who live abroad and never attended to a rally but still get some regular work through TAXI? ??

Thanks for your help
H

GregVaughan

Re: Abroad

Post by GregVaughan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Hey there. I live in Canada and never been. I’ve been a member for years but I’m starting to get serious about this way of making a new career. This would be my first rally and it’s not going to be cheap because our dollar isn’t that great compared to USD.

From what I keep hearing, this is the way to really take your venture to a new level. I’ve always had my doubts and concerns about money but I think I just need to do it.

Cheers!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Abroad

Post by hummingbird » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi ... "getting regular work through TAXI" is about reading the listings, submitting appropriate tracks, getting multiple forwards, and hopefully landing some deals over time. Attendance at the Rally isn't mandatory and if you are unable to afford it if you make good use of the other things TAXI offers like its newsletter, articles on the website, TAXI TV (live if you can, recorded if you can't) and this forum, will help you understand the business and the niche of composing for libraries, publishers, music supervisors, and so on.

It is very expensive for me to go as well and I am only a few hundred miles away, so may miss it myself. But being involved in this community on the forum and live TAXI TV will give insights and good advice and encouragement too.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website