We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Acoustic Alt-Country Instrumental

Post by ResonantTone » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Hey everyone!

Would love any and all thoughts on this one. (layout, mix, etc)

https://soundcloud.com/resonanttonemusi ... ze/s-HEyal
ACOUSTIC GUITAR-Based ALT-COUNTRY INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a hard-working Non-Exclusive Music Library that’s always landing placements in TV Shows, Film projects, and most recently, Movie Trailers!

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could fit in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references below:

“Sandusky” by Uncle Tupelo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHqMNBCW2sY

“A Song For You” by Ryan Adams - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU-l7szkBXc

Although one of the references has vocals, this request is for Instrumentals ONLY.

The company has requested Alt-Country Instrumentals "with a summertime feel." Instrumentation can vary for this pitch but should be predominantly acoustic-driven and in the general style of the references. You'd be smart to submit Instrumentals that are more geared towards use in advertising, as opposed to background Reality TV cues.

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long (give or take), with Non-Faded/ Buttoned endings. Please Do NOT copy the referenced songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Thanks in advance!!

Andrew

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Acoustic Alt-Country Instrumental

Post by rockinrob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 pm

I get the vibe. Sounds great. Critique ? for what its worth seems a bet speedy. little less tempo will add more pensive. IMO. Love the track

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:19 pm

I think it's great on its own! It is a little faster than the reference tracks, but since it's for a film library not a film or TV listing, I think it has a good shot! Really well-done!

Merry

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Thank you both for the thoughts! I think I may just try to do another one with a little more laid back vibe as well, just in case they are looking specifically for something a little more down-tempo and pensive.

Appreciate the listens!

Andrew

RapperTriggaD1

Post by RapperTriggaD1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:31 pm

I heard the instrumental summer breeze and it sounded like an instrumental that you can really relax too keep up the great work!