Acoustic Guitar / critique needed...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Acoustic Guitar / critique needed...

Post by daniel481 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:33 pm

It is a nice piece of music, but I believe the listing is definitely calling for a more organic sound. Is it the one that mentions David Gray without the vocals? If so, I would check out some of his music to see what they mean. And as much as the samples might sound very close to an nylon string acoustic, it just doesn't sound like fingers playing against strings. Unfortunately, it just sounds like a keyboard playing samples of a nylon string guitar...which it is To your credit, it does sound a lot closer than many I've heard. It's really, really hard to fake a guitar on a keyboard (I don't know that I've ever been fooled, to be honest). Another thought I had is that the melody you wrote might sound good played through a different patch such as a dulcimer (which is a lot easier to fake, in my opinion). That obviously wouldn't fly for this listing, but it might for something else. Just an idea.HTH,Dan

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Acoustic Guitar / critique needed...

Post by silvercord » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:33 pm

Roadrunner yeah i think its the attack of the string that maybe sparks some us fellow classical/nylon guitar players to raise their eyebrowsim listening to it again and mostly notice it on the string plucks with the loudest dynamics..i bet if those few notes were toned down you'd be able topass for an even more authentic sound.