Addicted to forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NomadYag

Addicted to forwards

Post by NomadYag » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 am

OK so I joined Taxi earlier this year and my second submission was forwarded and I got so excited!
U150222LA

I have submitted about fifteen more tracks but so far no traction. It's driving me crazy because I look at my submission history several times a day to see if I got another forward; I'm addicted to forwards! Of course, it would be nicer to hear from the supes themselves but hey I know stuff can fall through at the last minute to here's to keeping my fingers crossed that maybe one of my 'alternate' tracks will be picked up for placement! :)

Does anyone else go through that?

(Also I haven't composed music at this rate in ten years. So glad I joined Taxi, if for nothing else to really hone my skills.)

--Damo

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Addicted to forwards

Post by Joseph » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:09 pm

I definitely did that. Not so much any more because it just became stressful to me. It's better, for me, to just hear my email notification go off, check it, and either sigh or sing. I try to block out the thought of my "pending" list and just keep repeating: "write, submit, forget, repeat". As far as hearing from supes, I've heard of people hearing back from them months later. Apparently, this is a very long game that requires a lot of patience. Don't get too discouraged, one of the more successful members here said that he had a streak of about 60+ returns before getting another forward!
Congrats on the forward!

-Joseph

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Yeah i used to let it bother me but not now. Congratulations

NomadYag

Post by NomadYag » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Of course you guys are right. Just gotta move forward, ever forward. Write, submit, forget, repeat. It's the forget part that is difficult!

larrymagee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by larrymagee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm noticing that much of what is forwarded isn't selected and much of what isn't forwarded is welcomed by other libraries that I'm working with (after fixing it up per the screeners' suggestions). If a forward gets selected theLibrary want to know "what else have you got just like it?" That's why I try to submit 3 cues to any listing I'm going after.

Just keep writing and keep pitching. It takes a large body of work to get any traction.

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Yeah, that "forgetting" part is a tough one. It's like flying. The trick is throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

The nice thing about being more productive and working hard on the next opp is that it does kind of take your mind off the stuff you have pending review.

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

NomadYag

Post by NomadYag » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Good advice everyone. Thanks for the encouraging words, it's nice to know I'm not on an island.

--Damo

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:02 am

(
Also I haven't composed music at this rate in ten years. So glad I joined Taxi, if for nothing else to really hone my skills.)

--Damo
That my friend is one of the big benefits of joining Taxi

Don