adding metadata in itunes

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AdriaMusic

adding metadata in itunes

Post by AdriaMusic » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:02 am

I watched a few video tutorials about how to add metadata to an mp3 file and am stuck. Hoping someone can help or point me to a good resource. Here are the steps I have taken: I’m on a mac. I open my mp3 file in itunes. I select “get info”. I fill in the fields for artist, lyrics etc and click OK or save. Then I reopen the same mp3 file (on my computer in My Documents), it opens as a blank tune again in itunes (no metadata). Same if I send that mp3 to someone else, the metadata is not in there. So how do I save the metadata that is in itunes to the file, or share the file with metatadata from itunes to somewhere else? (or, is there a completely other way to do this. I'm not set on using itunes, that just seems to be what many people recommend) Thanks!

AdriaMusic

Re: adding metadata in itunes

Post by AdriaMusic » Wed May 03, 2023 3:30 pm

I didn't get any response here so I purchased the Metadatics app through the Apple store for $9.99. Super easy to use and it worked!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: adding metadata in itunes

Post by Casey H » Wed May 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Yea, iTunes is confusing that way. After you tag the mp3, you have to export it, it's called something like "create mp3 version". Make sure your import settings are set for the mp3 bit rate you want (e.g. 320K)- that will determine what is exported. iTunes will create a new version in your iTunes music folder with the tags. It sounds like you resolved it by purchasing that app. For $10, it gets the job done and probably much easier.

:D Casey