After a year of Taxi......

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

petecheckleysound

After a year of Taxi......

Post by petecheckleysound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 am

Hey all!

I thought I'd stop by and say hi and let everyone know why I have made the decision to return!

I joined Taxi in 2019 and learnt a lot through my first year. The screener feedback is always useful and I picked up some great hints and tips from other members! More importantly, I signed three publishing deals and have now had over fifty placements, all of which are due to deals I've signed through Taxi. For a bit of newbie who had got back into music production after a 15 year absence, I was stoked!

So, often, after a year, Taxi informed me that people don't renew due to the relationships they have made. Well, I spent almost a year as a non Taxi member, carrying forward the wonderful relationships I have had 200 cues published now! Recently, I decided to take the plunge back for two years and here's why......

I'm still creating full albums regularly for my current publishers and that will always continue! What Taxi provides you with is up to date trends in Music, publishers who need music, quick turnaround times and more and more opportunities every day. You'll forge some career long relationships but Taxi takes all of the guess work out of pitching your music and even inspiration about what to write! I find that I work better with reference tracks and stylistic details.

So in short...Taxi works, so while the first year was great, I've come back for a whole lot more!

Keep on writing everyone!

Pete

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: After a year of Taxi......

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:36 am

petecheckleysound wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 am
Hey all!

I thought I'd stop by and say hi and let everyone know why I have made the decision to return!

I joined Taxi in 2019 and learnt a lot through my first year. The screener feedback is always useful and I picked up some great hints and tips from other members! More importantly, I signed three publishing deals and have now had over fifty placements, all of which are due to deals I've signed through Taxi. For a bit of newbie who had got back into music production after a 15 year absence, I was stoked!

So, often, after a year, Taxi informed me that people don't renew due to the relationships they have made. Well, I spent almost a year as a non Taxi member, carrying forward the wonderful relationships I have had 200 cues published now! Recently, I decided to take the plunge back for two years and here's why......

I'm still creating full albums regularly for my current publishers and that will always continue! What Taxi provides you with is up to date trends in Music, publishers who need music, quick turnaround times and more and more opportunities every day. You'll forge some career long relationships but Taxi takes all of the guess work out of pitching your music and even inspiration about what to write! I find that I work better with reference tracks and stylistic details.

So in short...Taxi works, so while the first year was great, I've come back for a whole lot more!

Keep on writing everyone!

Pete
Well said Pete and congrats on your success so far! You're spot on when you talk about the opportunities that TAXI provides on a daily basis. The "up to date trends" are particularly useful to me.
Thanks for your update and I wish you continued success!
best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 am

Hey Pete!!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:11 am

Congrats..that is really impressive results with in one year.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:36 am

Good report from someone with a name I can pronounce. :? :P
Cheers - and welcome back for your encore... or "rePete", if you prefer. :? 8-)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:28 am

petecheckleysound wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 am
So, often, after a year, Taxi informed me that people don't renew due to the relationships they have made. Well, I spent almost a year as a non Taxi member, carrying forward the wonderful relationships I have had 200 cues published now!
Wow Peter that's a stellar performance - You clearly know what you are doing, it took me a good while longer to get to that point.

I've just realised we are in one of the same Libraries and you are not too far from me here in Lichfield.

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:12 pm

Wow 200 cues published is a great stat! Congrats on that on congrats on your return to Taxi :)

I have just started my second month (been a member before when I was in my 20s but I did not take proper advantage of my membership - silly 20 year old me! :) ) and I can definitely agree with what you said re current trends ect! Having the opportunity to listen to the references and the forwards blog already makes the membership fee worthily in my opinion.

Cheers to 200 (and more) publishing deals in the future :)

rgds
owen

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:26 pm

Well done, Pete! Congrats 8-)
Ceo of my own life

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Congratulations, Pete!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

ksutton1207
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ksutton1207 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:04 pm

Congrats Pete and welcome back. I've heard some of your work through a shared publisher. Excellent stuff, man! Wishing you continued success.

-Kyle