Against the Sky

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Against the Sky

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:38 am

Against the SkyMountaintops peek through the mist,cotton morning clouds are kissedby hawks soaring highthe day begins to call, and the sun's a crimson ballthat looms against the skyagainst the skywhere dreams and angels dwelland the secrets of foreveronly horizons can telldoubts show themselves after dark,but like the moon and starscome dawn they slowly meltagainst the sky, against the skymorning shines golden and bright,but I've learned there's more to lightthan what meets the eyeI thank God for faith I've found,'cos I stand upon the groundbut lean against the skyagainst the skywhere dreams and angels dwelland the secrets of foreveronly horizons can telldoubts show themselves after dark,but like the moon and starscome dawn they slowly meltagainst the sky, against the skyall I've seen and all I know,tells me man is meant to gowhere new things may liethose headed where they've been,don't just walk against the windthey fight against the skyagainst the skywhere dreams and angels dwelland the secrets of foreveronly horizons can telldoubts show themselves after dark,but like the moon and starscome dawn they slowly meltagainst the sky, against the sky(c)2004 Robert George