Aggressive Orchestral Hybrid Instrumental - 2 Forwards!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DanWessels
Active
Active

Aggressive Orchestral Hybrid Instrumental - 2 Forwards!

Post by DanWessels » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Hey Taxi forum! It's been a while since I've submitted to a listing, but I was happy to see that my first two "post-hiatus" tracks were forwarded! These were a lot of fun to write.
AGGRESSIVE, ORCHESTRAL HYBRID INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a small-but-mighty Music Library with tons of credits in HIT TV Shows! This hard-working company has just started asking for music from TAXI’s members. It’s very unlikely that you’ve got any music in their catalog, so this is a primo chance to get in on the ground floor, and build a relationship with this company! They want Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references: Mad Max: Fury Road https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyRXvH ... e=youtu.be Tybercore - Cinematic Hybrid Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hNe6FMMqVs Please submit powerful, rhythmically engaging Orchestral Instrumentals that are hybridized with other genres like Hard Rock, EDM, Dubstep, Hip-Hop, etc. Your submissions should have a distinctly aggressive style and vibe that’s in a similar wheelhouse as the references. Non-Lyrical Choral/Vocal samples are okay for this pitch, but not a necessity by any stretch. TAXI Tip: Make sure you give them Orchestral samples that sound like real instruments played by humans - nothing stiff or obviously synthetic-sounding! All submissions should be between 1.5 and 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, buttoned/stinger endings are recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed. NOTE: This Library is NOT interested in composers that can only turn in 1 or 2 tracks every couple of months. They want composers that they can work closely with -- the kind that would be able to deliver an album’s worth of production music within a month of signing with the library! This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Wednesday, August 15th, 2018. TAXI #Y180815AI
The forwarded tracks are on my profile page https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... danwessels, they're called "The Punished" and "Gnashing Teeth"

In case it helps anyone, here's the feedback I got on "Gnashing Teeth":
Nice writing here. The cue hits hard for sure. One suggestion I would make to bring it to the next level is to master it, or at least EQ more high end into it, it sounds a little squished and the overall sound could benefit from more high end brightness.
And here's the feedback I got on "The Punished":
More nice writing - and if you compare these 2 mixes it seems apparent to me that the extra high end helps the overall sound of this cue. Nice work here with these cues.

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Aggressive Orchestral Hybrid Instrumental - 2 Forwards!

Post by edmondredd » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:03 am

Hey Dan,
Congrats on the forwards! It's a bummer I can't get to your taxi profile page, and have a listen to your tracks.
Mine got returned! It's called "It Tolls for Thee"..
I've visited your web and went to your music but couldn't find the forwarded tracks!
If there's any way to listen to your tracks, that would be awesome,
Congrats again on the forwards!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

DanWessels
Active
Active

Re: Aggressive Orchestral Hybrid Instrumental - 2 Forwards!

Post by DanWessels » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:37 pm

edmondredd wrote:Hey Dan,
Congrats on the forwards! It's a bummer I can't get to your taxi profile page, and have a listen to your tracks.
Mine got returned! It's called "It Tolls for Thee"..
I've visited your web and went to your music but couldn't find the forwarded tracks!
If there's any way to listen to your tracks, that would be awesome,
Congrats again on the forwards!
Hi Edmond! Thanks for letting me know the link wasn't working - this is my first time posting in a while, so I got it wrong! Try this link for my Taxi page (for some reason, it only works when I right click and "Open Link in Incognito Tab"):

https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=67558

I haven't put the forwarded tracks on my personal website yet, but I guess I guess this is a good sign that I should :D