Aggressive Trailer Music - Looking for feedback

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ChrisUlmer

Aggressive Trailer Music - Looking for feedback

Post by ChrisUlmer » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:59 am

Hi all,

I am wanting to nail a track or two for the upcoming listings that mention fun, aggressive trailer music. One, in particular, has a deadline of this Wednesday, Jan 26. I wrote these with that listing in mind and this is a quote from the listing TAXI # S220126AG -
Quoting the Company: "We're looking for tracks that are powerful, full of swagger, attitude, and bad-*ss style. They should be very percussive and rhythm-heavy. Signature sounds, alarms, screams, clicks, beeps, stabs, and braams are all welcome. Brass and strings are fine but don't overdo them. Rock, EDM, Hip-Hop, Country, etc. elements could be cool to include, as well."

Here are the songs that I've made so far.

Apocalypse - https://www.taxi.com/members/s5zgn5saQn ... apocalypse

The End Is Near - https://www.taxi.com/members/s5zgn5saQn ... nd-is-near

I am open to any and all feedback on things like the structure, instrumentation, arrangement, mix, etc

Thank you, Hope everyone's had a great weekend,
Chris

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Aggressive Trailer Music - Looking for feedback

Post by melodea » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:11 pm

Yo, the sounds are dope!!! IMO it lacks a bit of depth and stays too long at the same place without dropouts, breaks, etc. (especially The End Is Nearby). Think of 4 bar Lego pieces the sound editor can assemble in any way he wants. They all interconnect but are never the same. It needs some more of the epic spice found in all of the trailers, like drones, epic beds, deep pulses...which gives the depth I was talking about. Otherwise, man, I like it a lot.
What's your sound source if I may ask?

Cheers and good luck

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

ChrisUlmer

Post by ChrisUlmer » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:50 pm

Ok awesome, Thank you!
That's pretty much what I expected to hear but just wanted to get a second opinion before changing anything. The drums are mostly samples I made using Opus libraries from Eastwest - mainly Stormdrum 3. The other sounds I made using Serum... I've been using it since it came out and love designing sounds on it. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and give me that feedback!

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:41 am

Anytime! Thank you for sharing.
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser