AI and Music: How Worried Should You Be?

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

AI and Music: How Worried Should You Be?

Post by TAXILIZ » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am

AI and the Music Industry: How Worried Should You Be? On This Week’s TAXI TV!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjPobrku47E

7 pm Eastern (EDT) / 6 pm Central (CDT) / 4 pm Pacific (PDT) 12 am London (BST) / 9 am Sydney (AEST)

Dear Songwriters, Composers, Artists, and Producers,

AI and its effect on music creation is likely the most talked about topic of the year amongst musicians. And, while I haven’t wanted to jump on the click-bait bandwagon like so many other music-related YouTube channels have, I also don’t want to stick our collective heads in the sand.

It’s early in the game, but it’s also a party to which you don’t want to be late. My personal feeling is, that histrionics are bad and balance is good.

I was catching up with my old friend, Todd Herreman this week, and he had some interesting and balanced views on the topic of AI, and I’ve asked him to join us on this week’s TAXI TV to share his thoughts and insights. Why Todd? Take a look at his resume (below), and you’ll see why I value his opinion.

By the way, Todd was a valued member of TAXI’s A&R team for several years. He knows and understands indie musicians!

Todd’s Resume…

Todd Herreman is a 20-year Los Angeles-based music industry veteran as a producer, songwriter, composer, engineer, and session musician, garnering multiple gold and platinum records. He recorded and toured for a year with Prince. His credit and client list also includes Michael Jackson, Brian Wilson, Jeff Beck, Jodie Watley, and Adam Ant. In addition, he has scored music for feature film, television, and commercials.

From 2004 to 2017, Herreman turned his attention to teaching audio engineering, producing, MIDI, and music business at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. He holds a degree in music and philosophy from Indiana University and a master of legal studies from SIU School of Law, with a concentration in intellectual property. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Leadership Music program in Nashville.

Herreman was the faculty advisor to Digital Dog Records, the student-run record label; Musicians United Southern Illinois Carbondale, the musicians’ networking/jamming group; and the Audio Engineering Society. He has organized and hosted industry panels, recording and mixing workshops, and songwriting/producing seminars. Guests have included top engineers, producers, hit songwriters, and industry executives.

Herreman was also the faculty audio supervisor for Studio A, the student-produced, multi-camera music video production that is broadcast on WSIU-TV. He started the summer internship program in Nashville for the College of Mass Communication and Media Arts at SIU.

Todd’s research interests focus on copyright issues that impact the music and entertainment industry, and his presentations and publications include topics on licensing and technology, sampling, and fair use.

Industry affiliations include the Recording Academy (NARAS), voting member; ASCAP, writer and publisher; and Audio Engineering Society (AES), professional member.

Now you know why I’ve asked Todd to join us on this week’s show! This should be enlightening!!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjPobrku47E

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7 pm Eastern (EDT) / 6 pm Central (CDT) / 4 pm Pacific (PDT) 12am London (BST) / 9am Sydney (AEST)

See you on the show,
Michael