Am I Too Fast ( Or You Too Slow)

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

donmartin
Active
Active

Am I Too Fast ( Or You Too Slow)

Post by donmartin » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:44 am

It's always fun to try and write an artist/genre specific lyric ...... because 9 times outta 10 , it ends up fitting someone else , better than the original artist you had in mind when writing .I seen/heard "Britney Spears" when writing this simple pop offering ........ so give this one your best Britney vocals and take it for a sing .If not Britney - WHO DO YOU SEE/HEAR ?Any/all comments appreciated .AM I TOO FAST (OR YOU TOO SLOW)©-2005-Don Martinto you it’s just a hug to me it’s holding tight to you it’s just a date to me a dream night to you it’s just a dance or two -to me it’s being near to you why can’t , we get it right .[chorus]( should I hold on ) , when you say you gotta go ..( should I let on ) , I’m more than ready to show ..( should I come on ) , and say what you should know ….am I too fast ……..or you too slow .[instrumental]to you it’s just hello to me a call I yearned to you it’s just a thank you to me a praise I earned to you it’s just a kiss good night -to me it’s always been delight why can’t , we get it right .[chorus]( should I hold on ) , when you say you gotta go ..( should I let on ) , I’m more than ready to show ..( should I come on ) , and say what you should know ….am I too fast ……..or you too slow .[instrumental][chorus]( should I hold on ) , when you say you gotta go ..( should I let on ) , I’m more than ready to show ..( should I come on ) , and say what you should know ….am I too fast ……..or you too slow .[outro / fad]( am I too fast ) ..am I too fast ..( am I too fast ) ..am I too fast …too fast ……or you too slow .[abrupt stop]

aprildawn

Re: Am I Too Fast ( Or You Too Slow)

Post by aprildawn » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:31 am

Hmm...they seem a little too sweet for Britney...can't quite put my finger on who it brings to mind, though...Maybe someone younger with a little more innocence. Hillary Duff, maybe??? Even though the topic is being "too fast," the farthest it gets (physically) is a goodnight kiss, and I think a lot of Britney's music has gone a little too far to come back to thinking a good night kiss is moving too fast. I do really like the lyrics, though. I think they're catchy. Simple, but effective.

donmartin
Active
Active

Post by donmartin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:29 am

Hi April , and sorry for the delay in responding .I was perhaps focusing on some older stuff of Britneys when I wrote this , so your conclusions were well founded for sure - and Hillary Duff was an excellent thought as well . Appreciate your kind words .Don

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:31 pm

The lyrics are pop sounding, but I could imagine this as a classic country ballad.

donmartin
Active
Active

Post by donmartin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:19 am

Hi NomiI was thinking a fast paced pop song all the way , but then I guess if you slow the tempo down (to single line deliver mode) , and add a steel guitar -- it just might sound country-ish .Makes me wonder now how many poor pop songs I have on file , that might adapt to such a notion .Appreciate you dropping in and commenting . I made a quick visit to your site -- and was impressed to say the least -- I wasn't even thinking about lyrics at 13 , much less writing .Don

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:34 pm

Don,Thanks for visiting my site and your comments.When I was 8, there was a neighbor who played guitar who told me I could write a song about anything. He told me to say a sentence about anything and he'd put it to music. Then 3 more sentences and it would be a verse. In such a way I wrote my first song at 8:There is an old house at the end of the ridgeThe sheep live thereThey wander in and out among the roomsAnd climb up and down the broken stairwayCute, right? It had 2 verses and a chorus but I only remember the first verse.Nomi

bobbyjoe

Post by bobbyjoe » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:25 pm

Nice lyric, Don. I don't know much about casting songs, especially outside of country, so I can't say much on that. But I do like the way you executed the concept.

donmartin
Active
Active

Post by donmartin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:59 am

Thanks bobbydon't know much about it either haha ..... but the fun is in the trying ---- appreciate the kind words tho .Don