AMA from 23rd of April 2018

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Pvgeldrop
Impressive
Impressive

AMA from 23rd of April 2018

Post by Pvgeldrop » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:11 am

Apologies in advance if this has already been extensively covered somewhere else, but I wanted to share something with my fellow Taxi members, hoping somebody can profit from this.

So.. I'm catching up on old Taxi TV episodes, and am presently watching Ask Michael Anything from the 23rd of April last year. One of the questions asked was 'how to support your music career while waiting for licensing revenues without performing'. Michael didn't have a ready answer for this, apart from gigging. Had I been on the chat at that time, I would have replied: Freelancing.

I've been working as a freelancer on several freelancing websites for the past months, providing custom musical composition and voice-overs. Though it took a while to take off, it's definitely gaining speed now. I was surprised by the amount of work out there. If you have a homestudio, can do a basic decent mix, perhaps audio restoration.. then you can generate a decent income from this. Especially the amount of job postings for voice overs is astounding; at a quick estimate, I'd say I see 10-15 postings for this on a daily basis. Sure, not every posting is as interesting or lucrative as others, but it shows that there is enough work to be had.
People who know their way around the Izotope RX software suite (or other audio restoration software) can also find plenty of easy work here.

Again, sorry if I'm double posting, but I wanted to share my experience with this and hopefully give one or two fellow Taxi-members a new way to generate income. :-)
Paul van Geldrop

Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/paulvangeldrop
Twitter: @OhIsDatZo