Ambient Guitar Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

thegajman
Impressive
Impressive

Ambient Guitar Forward

Post by thegajman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Was really happy to get a Forward for this one. Fingers crossed that I hear back on it!

https://soundcloud.com/glenn777johnson/new-beginnings

INSPIRING, AMBIENT ELECTRIC GUITAR-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a successful NON-Exclusive Music Library for placements in a specific TV Show on A&E. They’re searching for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the stylistic ballpark of the following references: "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdiY6kijYHE "Marooned" by Pink Floyd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7YMI39sObY Please send them well-crafted Instrumental Cues that are Electric Guitar-based (but not big crunchy guitars) with an ambient, tranquil, and inspiring sound and vibe. Adding and subtracting instrumentation as the track moves forward will help keep it dynamically interesting, while avoiding becoming too linear, flat, or repetitive sounding. If you’re going to be using samples or Virtual Instruments, please make sure they sound convincing and real. Please avoid submitting anything that sounds stiff or obviously MIDI-driven. TAXI Tip: They would love to hear Cues that create a sparse but lush sound by tastefully using reverb and delay. Submissions should be at least 2 Minutes long, with Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a guide for texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or on CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, May 28th, 2018. TAXI #Y180528IA

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Ambient Guitar Forward

Post by GuitarKit » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Nice piece Glenn. I really like the mood. I like how it moves forward as well. Hope you do well with. It looks like it's straight to the supe on the show. Hope you do well.
Like your feel on the electric.

thegajman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by thegajman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks Kit! ... and well done on your forward for the Feel Good Pop/Rock listing.

Ahh... I just saw you got one forwarded for this same listing too. Well done. Always good to get a guitar track past the screeners hey!

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Nice track Glen, best wishes for it. :)

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Congrats, Glenn! And great work, I love this track!! Very nicely done, great mood setting.

thegajman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by thegajman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks Lester, thanks Mark!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 am

I really like this Glenn and your versatility is impressive. Best of luck getting this one signed and out there.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.