Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Ambient Meditation S210904AM

Post by AlanHall » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:48 am

DouglasKnight wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 pm
Hey, I really like this -- very nice 6/8 feel with beautifully played guitar! If anything, you might consider removing the bigger "washy" guitar track, it covers the lovely pedal steel at times. May be too busy for this listing, not sure, but certainly can stand on its own or serve as a very nice background track. Good stuff...
Thanks! I feel pretty good about how far I've gotten the track with several days left to review and course-correct; I will definitely work to get it closer to the listing's requirements.

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Post by swdaze » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:42 am

AlanHall wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Lots of AMBIENT MEDITATION INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Digital Content Platform for several (up to) $500 placements in guided meditation programs they're producing.
NOTE: This Company is brand new to requesting music from TAXI, so this is a great opportunity to get connected with an awesome company!
This Company is looking for Instrumentals that would fall within the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

Polaris by Celestial Realms
Red Geranium by Chris Coco
Highlands by Nagawa Meditation
Yuna by Levitating Moon

[snip]

here's my first attempt. Not fully mixed yet, but listenable, I think.

I'd love to get some feedback, since this is about the earliest I've come to preparing a track. More in the pipeline.

Alan
Hey this is really nice, soothing piece. My question is the guitar(?) it's doing a slow picky thing around the 2:00 mark. I like it just wonder if it's a little too loud? From a meditative point of view.

Good luck!!!

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:19 am

swdaze wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:42 am
Hey this is really nice, soothing piece. My question is the guitar(?) it's doing a slow picky thing around the 2:00 mark. I like it just wonder if it's a little too loud? From a meditative point of view.

Good luck!!!

Geo
Hey , Geo! I actually pulled it back from about 1:50 to 2:00 in the last mix, so maybe some more is needed? Good catch!

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:33 pm

Hi Alan -

On Ruby Beach, I found the change at 0:42 a bit abrupt, maybe that could be smoothed out? Also, the strums around 3:20-3:35 come through somewhat harsh for me, wonder if they should be softened. Finally, I suspect it is on the busy side, or overly rhythmic and driving, especially after 0:42. Perhaps bring the picked guitar down so more sustained or drone-y elements predominate more?

Nice piece! Good luck with it!

===
Michael

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Today's the deadline for this listing, do you have any more submissions to share?

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:50 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 pm
Today's the deadline for this listing, do you have any more submissions to share?
Alas, nothing that made it to the 'rough mix' stage. My problem is that I spend way too much time sweating over the minutia of each track; for sync (especially for youtube or the like, as this listing is) I simply must get faster with the music from inspiration to mastering.

But it sure has been fun! Looking forward to more :lol:

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:53 pm

Hey, I completely understand -- I've gone 'down the rabbit hole' with many a composition over the years! It has been fun working on these, though, and really taken me out of my comfort zone, in a good way. Wishing you best of luck with your submissions!
DK

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:54 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:53 pm
Hey, I completely understand -- I've gone 'down the rabbit hole' with many a composition over the years! It has been fun working on these, though, and really taken me out of my comfort zone, in a good way. Wishing you best of luck with your submissions!
DK
Thanks, You too! I'm remembering to hit the 'submit' button as I type this ... well, after one more critical listen :lol:

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 am

For all those who have listened and made suggestions:

Candle Flame made the cut (with your help! Thanks!)
Ruby Beach did not - as expected, since there was a consensus that it was a bit 'active' for meditative underscore. Before submission, I tried a version with the 'B' section cut out to reduce the overall tension. Didn't like it, submitted the (original) full version. I think it may still find a home eventually.

Alan

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:04 am

AlanHall wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 am
For all those who have listened and made suggestions:

Candle Flame made the cut (with your help! Thanks!)
Ruby Beach did not - as expected, since there was a consensus that it was a bit 'active' for meditative underscore. Before submission, I tried a version with the 'B' section cut out to reduce the overall tension. Didn't like it, submitted the (original) full version. I think it may still find a home eventually.

Alan
Hey, that's great! Well done and good luck! None of mine were forwarded this time, but I learned a lot and got some good encouragement.
Cheers,
DK