Ambient Meditation S210904AM

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Ambient Meditation S210904AM

Post by AlanHall » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:02 pm

Lots of AMBIENT MEDITATION INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Digital Content Platform for several (up to) $500 placements in guided meditation programs they're producing.
NOTE: This Company is brand new to requesting music from TAXI, so this is a great opportunity to get connected with an awesome company!
This Company is looking for Instrumentals that would fall within the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

Polaris by Celestial Realms
Red Geranium by Chris Coco
Highlands by Nagawa Meditation
Yuna by Levitating Moon

[snip]

here's my first attempt. Not fully mixed yet, but listenable, I think.

I'd love to get some feedback, since this is about the earliest I've come to preparing a track. More in the pipeline.

Alan
Last edited by AlanHall on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Ambient Meditation S210904AM

Post by Zaychi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:05 pm

404 not found

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:19 pm

I'd love to get some feedback, since this is about the earliest I've come to preparing a track. More in the pipeline.

Alan
[/quote]

Very nice piece! Really liked it, especially the many textured elements that really work well together. When mixing, I'd suggest bringing down the breathy vocal track a bit so as not to distract listeners from the guided meditation. Nicely done though!

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:52 pm

Agreed, very well done! Specifically liked the chord progression, well, the fact that there were which is unusual in this genre... but nice subtly mingled in, not disturbing at all.

I'm not sure if these tracks are also susceptible to the dreaded "MIDI" comment, but if so, check out some of those up-front violins... could do better on those!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Thanks for the 'dings' about the sounds! I pointedly did not try to harness the power of any orchestral libs, too much work for a couple-hundred-dollar lifetime earner - but that's my problem ;)
Instead I used my trusty decades-old Alesis keyboard. I had hoped not noticeably? Maybe another wash of reverb on those patches.. that always works!! :lol:

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 am

Track updated - use link in post #1
I played a little with levels on the 'aahs' and whatnot, but for this version I mixed the "lead" track back in. Does the guitar add or detract? I think it helps put the levels of the other instruments into a frame of reference; not surprising since the first version was basically a karaoke track.
Thanks for listening!

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:49 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 am
I played a little with levels on the 'aahs' and whatnot, but for this version I mixed the "lead" track back in. Does the guitar add or detract? I think it helps put the levels of the other instruments into a frame of reference; not surprising since the first version was basically a karaoke track.
Thanks for listening!
Hey Alan! I like the levels much more now, with the breathy patches blended in more. With the guitar, I find it a bit distracting from all of the lovely synth elements, so my vote would be to leave it out, or dial it way back into the mix with a long reverb. But really like the piece, well done!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:05 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:49 pm
AlanHall wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 am
Thanks for listening!
Hey Alan! I like the levels much more now, with the breathy patches blended in more. With the guitar, I find it a bit distracting from all of the lovely synth elements, so my vote would be to leave it out, or dial it way back into the mix with a long reverb. But really like the piece, well done!
Thanks for your comments, Douglas!
I have made some very minor tweaks to the mix; however, based on your comments I may have just realized that I'm kinda ambivalent about the guitar line. Yeah, I may need to revisit one more time before the listing closes on Saturday :roll:

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Here's another:

I'm afraid it may lean towards too busy/energetic for this listing. I have some other concerns, too. But I'll see what comments I get.
Criticism desired. :oops:
Alan

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:28 pm
Here's another:

I'm afraid it may lean towards too busy/energetic for this listing. I have some other concerns, too. But I'll see what comments I get.
Criticism desired. :oops:
Alan
Hey, I really like this -- very nice 6/8 feel with beautifully played guitar! If anything, you might consider removing the bigger "washy" guitar track, it covers the lovely pedal steel at times. May be too busy for this listing, not sure, but certainly can stand on its own or serve as a very nice background track. Good stuff...