American Idol Songwriting Contest: You?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: American Idol Songwriting Contest: You?

Post by nomiyah » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Voting starts May 2nd. Here's the link to participate:http://songwriter.americanidol.com/Aub,This line is really cool:"Somebody said it’s lonely at the topBut I’m not standing here alone"Nomi

mrtomcat

Post by mrtomcat » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:05 pm

quick note: you don't have to be american citizen just a legal resident, meaning you have to have a greencard

mrtomcat

Post by mrtomcat » Tue May 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Has anyone gotten a call back yet? Since they are announcing the top 20 tomorrow I would guess they would have contacted the lucky few already...I hope not though because I haven't gotten the call...I'm still sitting here praying that my song made it In any case good luck to any of you that submitted a song. Here is my song in case anyone is interestedhttp://www.tomcatontheprowl.com/songs/pleasedo ... titend.mp3

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue May 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Quote:Has anyone gotten a call back yet? Since they are announcing the top 20 tomorrow I would guess they would have contacted the lucky few already...I hope not though because I haven't gotten the call...I'm still sitting here praying that my song made it In any case good luck to any of you that submitted a song. Here is my song in case anyone is interestedhttp://www.tomcatontheprowl.com/songs/pleasedo ... end.mp3I'm sure that any finalist, as part of their agreement, has been told not to reveal anything until the official announcement.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Wed May 02, 2007 2:01 pm

Well, I just checked out the songs that made the cut...and I made it! Just kidding. But, it was fun to write for this challenge anyway.Here's my song:http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... sq=1Tomcat, that's a bold, catchy tune you entered..nice job!André
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

mrtomcat

Post by mrtomcat » Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 pm

thanks Andre, I like yours as wellOh well, it was worth a try. So since it's official now did anyone on here make it?

mrtomcat

Post by mrtomcat » Wed May 02, 2007 6:32 pm

One thing I find very upsetting is that they are not mentioning the songwriters names, just the songs. This would have been a great way to promote someones music but other than whoever wins no one will know who the 20 writers are, very sad.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Wed May 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Quote:One thing I find very upsetting is that they are not mentioning the songwriters names, just the songs. This would have been a great way to promote someones music but other than whoever wins no one will know who the 20 writers are, very sad. I completely agree.
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed May 02, 2007 7:46 pm

Quote:One thing I find very upsetting is that they are not mentioning the songwriters names, just the songs. This would have been a great way to promote someones music but other than whoever wins no one will know who the 20 writers are, very sad. I too was a bit surprised by that. OTOH, they probably want impartial voting, and perhaps the names will be revealed after voting closes.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website