Americana/Alt. Country-Rock Instrumental Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Americana/Alt. Country-Rock Instrumental Forward!

Post by keithl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:55 pm

How I love TAXI...let me count the ways1) Expanding my recording genres and getting me to do projects I normally would not do2) Giving me a smile when I get a forward email after having a bad day (actually a bad Feb, so far..non-taxi related)I also submitted a vocal version, but I guess my pipes did not do it justice!http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... &stream=1A wide range of great-sounding AMERICANA/ALT. COUNTRY-ROCK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS in the range of the Old 97's, Lucinda Williams, Wilco, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Dillard & Clark, the Jayhawks, etc. are sought by a West Coast-based Music Publisher who typically supplies music to companies such as Muzak (tracks for retail shops, restaurants, malls, etc.). He's been expanding his repertoire and wants to find great material for TV projects, as he has numerous contacts in that world as well. ibanez468: After this, you have 2 "forward" passes left!

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Americana/Alt. Country-Rock Instrumental Forwa

Post by ciskokidd » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Congrats B. You nailed that Americana feel. The track sounds very convincing. I love that it sounds a little rough around the edges the way a Jayhawks record would sound.Excellent work!Best,Cisco

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:20 pm

very cool...LOVE them guitars!http://www.jeffgreenleaf.com

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Hey Taxi cats. I finished this tune a little too late for the deadline. I'm hoping some of you will have a listen and let me know if you think this song would've been in the ballpark for the Americana listing this thread is about. Do you think it would have been a good fit? Appletown A wide range of great-sounding AMERICANA/ALT. COUNTRY-ROCK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS in the range of the Old 97's, Lucinda Williams, Wilco, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Dillard & Clark, the Jayhawks, etc. are sought by a West Coast-based Music Publisher who typically supplies music to companies such as Muzak (tracks for retail shops, restaurants, malls, etc.). He's been expanding his repertoire and wants to find great material for TV projects, as he has numerous contacts in that world as well.

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Quote:Hey Taxi cats. I finished this tune a little too late for the deadline. I'm hoping some of you will have a listen and let me know if you think this song would've been in the ballpark for the Americana listing this thread is about. Do you think it would have been a good fit? Appletown A wide range of great-sounding AMERICANA/ALT. COUNTRY-ROCK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS in the range of the Old 97's, Lucinda Williams, Wilco, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Dillard & Clark, the Jayhawks, etc. are sought by a West Coast-based Music Publisher who typically supplies music to companies such as Muzak (tracks for retail shops, restaurants, malls, etc.). He's been expanding his repertoire and wants to find great material for TV projects, as he has numerous contacts in that world as well. Because it's you Steve I clicked first to listen and read afterwords so I had no idea what you were aiming at.Loved the piano intro and the bluesy opening and then heard it turning into a very strong Country vibe so if that's what you were trying to achieve then for my money you've done it!Did I like the track?Yeah loved it!!!
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:01 am

DUDE!!! You are so hot I can feel the heat in Orlando!!!! WOW....When I get up I almost expect to see a Fwd from you.I couldn't be happier for you!!!!!MWAH!J

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:09 am

Congrats B. Flat!Steve, I think Appletown could benefit from some really crappy harp playing !

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:33 am

Great tune B. I had a return on my submission so it was nice to hear the flavor that made the forward. Thanks for sharing it and good luck ...ArkJack

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:18 am

More great stuff, Keith. You're excellent quality work is either going to motivate me to get better at engineering or sell my gear and retire! Hope you get a call or an email soon on this one, and thanks for posting the tune--Steve-- "Appletown" sounds really good to me. (Love that lyric hook "working hard, ain't working out") It is more on the country/honky tonk side of Americana to my ears, but still in the ball park, and certainly worth submitting for future listings.

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:04 am

Hey Steve!Can't say whether or not it would've been a good fit, but...I likes! Sounds super my man. Like the vocs. S'got a funky kinda' country vibe goin' on there. Cool! Flat, yours is in there, as usual. I'm generally not a country listener, but I know good stuff when I hear it (or at least I think I do). I've heard bigdrisk's stuff, and I know it's hittin' on all cylinders. Just my .02 folks. You all sound fab!!ibanez468